IT'S OVER!!!!

kalik

Well guys, she finally spoke to me, after about a week and a half. She called me and was really nice on the phone, and I was totally stable. No emotion, no sickening lovetalk, nothing. Then she asked to meet me to return some of my things, and I said that I would do the same.

She called me later and said she wanted her microwave back too. She knew that I gave mine away so she could make the kitchen her own. I told her that I couldnt' afford to go out and buy one, and she said that she just wanted it back. So I said fine. She was just trying to evoke an emotion from me.

Today we met and I wanted to be wishy-washy, I wanted to say I love you and lets try again later. But I stood my ground. And I am proud of myself. I told her...

"Erin, I think it's best that we make a clean break, and go our seperate ways. It's best for each of us to move on, and I think it's best if we don't communicate for a while. Maybe some day we can be friends, but not now. And I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but right now I don't want anything to do with you. I think it's best for us to move on..."

And all she did was agree with me, and boy was she angry. I know she wanted to be the one to break up with me! I was the first guy to break up with HER! And she just got into her car and left. It really hurt that she didn't say anything. But oh well, it's for the best. I really miss her and I really love her. But it was the best that I could have ever done. What do you guys think? It was the hardest thing I ever did. But now I miss her...alot.

I am so damned proud of you standing your ground and being firm, assertive and matter-of-fact, I just want to go out and celebrate. You are truly a MAN!!!

Knowing when to leave is the hardest thing that we can ever learn. But you seem to be getting there...and getting closer to the REAL THING!!!

Man! I comend you, I, myself am going through the same thing myself. Knowing that i'm not the only one feeling this way, hearing your story. I am going to try the same route you took. Good luck, hope you find happiness. :-)

I'm proud of you too, Kalik, because I have been following your story. Having just broken up myself, I am aware of how difficult it is for the person doing the breaking up. But someone has to have the courage to do it, like pulling a loose, rotting, and aching tooth. It's got to be yanked out. The pain lessens every day. You see that it has not killed you. You feel the hole where the tooth was and moments of loss, but you know you did the right thing.

You have learned a lot through your struggle with this relationship and you will bring new intelligence into your next situation, with a girl who will be proud to be with a loving and sensitive guy like you.

Man! I comend you, I, myself am going through the same thing myself. Knowing that i'm not the only one feeling this way, hearing your story. I am going to try the same route you took. Good luck, hope you find happiness. :-)

You did right. She was all set to dump you,and there was nothing you could do but keep your dignity,which you did. By the way,that "pre-emptive" dump was a nice touch hehehehe:) .And you can always get a new microwave but self-respect can't be bought at Wal-mart.

I'd laugh if I saw a "Help!My bf broke up with me and took my microwave!" post here next week.