Husband won't put me on title for new home

A little nitpicky don't you think?

Perhaps I should have said she finds herself in a better place and then finds a love worth changing her mind.

Sorry, didn't realize that people couldn't just go on the jist of my post. :rolleyes:

Let me be a little more clear. It's a waste of time trying to convince her that she's wrong. She's made it plenty clear for 15 pages that she no one here is going to change her mind. So why not just wish her the best and hope she gets some counseling?

I'm not interested in providing free rent, I'm not interested in spending one thin dime beyond 50% of our shared costs. there's nothing any "counselor" can say to me that will change that.

There is always free choice, if a guy doesn't like those terms, he's free to hit the road

• Like 1
Do you guys have some sort of regular expression filter that automatically replaces 'rent' with 'bills'?

If I were you, I'd take heed to Jt's advice and chill out with trying to shove your agenda down SS's throat.

exist on the internet where they can fantasize their warped ideologies all day

Actually, this is a post I very much agree with. :)

• Like 1
I'm not interested in providing free rent, I'm not interested in spending one thin dime beyond 50% of our shared costs. there's nothing any "counselor" can say to me that will change that.

There is always free choice, if a guy doesn't like those terms, he's free to hit the road

And any guy with his head on straight will recognize a good woman like ya.;)

A little nitpicky don't you think?

Perhaps I should have said she finds herself in a better place and then finds a love worth changing her mind.

Sorry, didn't realize that people couldn't just go on the jist of my post. :rolleyes:

Let me be a little more clear. It's a waste of time trying to convince her that she's wrong. She's made it plenty clear for 15 pages that she no one here is going to change her mind. So why not just wish her the best and hope she gets some counseling?

I hear ya jthorne.

I tried. I think she referred to it as "blathering IC" and something about where he could stick his advice in a reply to me. Not exact quote but close enough.

She's not interested in any of it.

I perused the titles of her past threads and posts, she's been like this for years and isn't changing. Sad, but it's her life and choice.

• Like 1

Yeah, the piece of it that doesn't get recognized. I pay my own way in life, I've tried to be prudent, to make sure that if something happens to me that I'll never become a burden to anyone. I'd never assume that I had the right to a guy's assets simply because we were romantically linked.

• Like 1
I hear ya jthorne.

I tried. I think she referred to it as "blathering IC" and something about where he could stick his advice in a reply to me. Not exact quote but close enough.

She's not interested in any of it.

I perused the titles of her past threads and posts, she's been like this for years and isn't changing. Sad, but it's her life and choice.

I already pay one ex-husband, I have yet to see one single compelling reason given here as to why I should put myself at risk of having to pay another aside from having somebody to "cuddle" in front of a TV with. Honestly, if i want that, I'll get a dog.

Edited by soserious1

But he'd best not fall in love. :(

• Like 1

Anyone notice how whenever someone says something nice to SS1, she ignores it? if she doesn't ignore it she just reiterates her asset-protection strategy.

Most people would say thanks or at least something polite in return.

• Like 1
But he'd best not fall in love. :(

If I were him I'd fall in love with her before any other woman on this thread.

Anyone notice how whenever someone says something nice to SS1, she ignores it? if she doesn't ignore it she just reiterates her asset-protection strategy.

The problem with this is that you never said anything truly nice to her and when you did, you followed it up with a ridiculous claim about how she won't find a decent man because she takes care of herself, when you only think paying bills is voluntary.

• Like 1

Since when it talking about somebody in the third person in pitying, condescending tones being "nice" to them?

Oh and one more thing, my alimony bill last year was $33,000 plus full medical & dental, I darn well better have an "asset-protection strategy" in place going forward.

Edited by soserious1
  • Like 1
You wouldn't get it back. :(

And with these women here with their self-entitled "I deserve your money!:mad:" attitudes, I will? I bet if I told them I don't have $100 dollars for them to get their hair done they'd get into a fit and would withhold sex from me.

Nope sorry. Don't want to spill my seed in a woman like that.

You wouldn't get it back. :(

Donna, I would NEVER take fiscal advantage of a man, nor would I ever lead one on as to my intentions regarding a romantic relationship. I'm hard core about protecting my fiscal bottom line but I would never toy with anybody's emotions in that way.

• Like 1
Since when it talking about somebody in the third person in pitying, condescending tones being "nice" to them?

Oh and one more thing, my alimony bill last year was $33,000 plus full medical & dental, I darn well better have an "asset-protection strategy" in place going forward.

Damn that's a big ass bill.

And the fact they ignore the sh*t you deal with further shows their agendas.

Donna, I would NEVER take fiscal advantage of a man, nor would I ever lead one on as to my intentions regarding a romantic relationship. I'm hard core about protecting my fiscal bottom line but I would never toy with anybody's emotions in that way.

No point in calling after her. Watch how she'll ignore it in her next reply.

I am betting many of these people have the attitudes they do about this because it is in THEIR nature to give to their loved ones, so they can't conceive of someone being stingy with someone they profess to care about. And I'm NOT talking about giving away half an inheritence.

I enjoy giving to my man. He enjoys giving to me. We don't keep score, but neither feels like we are being cheated. Win/win situation. :love:

• Like 2
Damn that's a big ass bill.

And the fact they ignore the sh*t you deal with further shows their agendas.

It's a big sum to be sure ( the insurance KILLS me because my company only offers single or family plan, no +1 option) what bothers me most though is that the crap never ends, his lawyer is constantly cooking up new things to bother me with, it's like the freaking divorce will never end.

Oh I know you wouldn't! Not for a second! I can tell you have too much integrity for that.

My only sadness is that I worry that if a man were to fall in love with you there would be moments when you might look at him and wonder "when is this one gonna screw me over in some way?" I know, I know. You won't give him the opportunity. But there are other ways of being screwed over besides financially.

No point in calling after her. Watch how she'll ignore it in her next reply.

Nah. I like SS. And I don't use your posting methods.

I am betting many of these people have the attitudes they do about this because it is in THEIR nature to give to their loved ones, so they can't conceive of someone being stingy with someone they profess to care about. And I'm NOT talking about giving away half an inheritence.

I enjoy giving to my man. He enjoys giving to me. We don't keep score, but neither feels like we are being cheated. Win/win situation. :love:

Oh I did give and very generously during my marriage, I'm still "giving" now to the tune of $33,000 per year plus full medical & dental.

So yeah, I'm "stingy" because as the old saying goes, "I already gave at the office" :laugh:

Oh I did give and very generously during my marriage, I'm still "giving" now to the tune of $33,000 per year plus full medical & dental.

So yeah, I'm "stingy" because as the old saying goes, "I already gave at the office" :laugh:

I know your situation, and it's just wrong on every possible level. :mad: