not your average wedding date

I'm going to a wedding this summer in England and was thinking to myself how awesome it would be to take a date along with me. The first person that popped into my head was a friend that I've know for about six or seven years. It's never ever ever been anything more than us just being friends…ever. I've always looked at her as being way out of my league and never even tried to be anything except her friend. I'm perfectly happy with how our relationship grew…completely effortless and drama free. She doesn't even live close anymore but still comes back to the city I live in a few times a year, and we always seem to hang out for the majority of the time she's here.

I half jokingly asked her if she'd go with me this summer and be my date to this wedding. I figured she'd laugh it off and it'd be like a 'I wish i could' type of thing, but she's actually going. Flights are booked….

I don't know what happened, but something clicked in my brain recently and I'm not exactly sure what to do. I think I'm starting to like her "like that"…. The thing is, I can't tell if it's actually true or if my mind is playing tricks on me. For example, I keep thinking about how this trip is going to pan out in my head…the things we're going to be getting into, what we'll be doing, etc… What if I do something really stupid in a drunken stupor and try to make a pass at her and completely ruin a friendship? I don't want that! But, what if she's kind of thinking how I am right now?

I'm soooo excited to be spending a week in Europe with her because she's just an all around good person to hang out with. Like I said, she's never been on my radar as someone I'd have an emotional relationship with…but what if? The groundwork is already laid out. We're already friends and pretty open with one and another.

I'm trying not to think about it….but it almost seems fitting. Any thoughts?