How likely can a abused girl become a bully herself?

MelissaS

rather than being stuck into an abusive relationship/marriage? I often heard that when a girl's father is abusive, it's more likely that she will be with an abusive man than be an abuser herself. In a man's case, it's more likely he will grow up as abusive as his father was. However, in my friend's case she is really nothing like her mother and instead takes after her father.

During our childhood years, we all recalled how much of a bully her father was and she hates him.

Present issue: She has been married for about 2 years but from what I've heard her screaming at her husband at the top of her lungs, saying horrible things or even breaking some of his belongings. I have to say her husband is much like her mother (a true shy, pacifist).

But she does feels terrible about it and wants to stop being what she hates. She told me ''MelissaS, I know he doesn't deserve this but it's like I can't stop it, it feels like it's in my genes, my father was like that to my mother too, I hate him''...

She needs to go to therapy. That happens with alcoholics. People grow up with an alcoholic parent who is awful. Their childhood was awful, but instead of avoiding alcohol, they drink.