Am i never getting past "friend"?

So im in a little situation here.

Couple of weeks ago i went to borrow something at a girl's place in my dorm, there were 2 other girls there and i didn' think much of it but when i opened facebook later on all 3 added me. One of them happens to be a girl i have been looking after alot on my school, and we started texting a whole lot, got her number quickly and we kept on having alot of fun altough only through text.

Chatted her shortly last friday but alot of others were present and it was on the way to somewhere else so nothing could happen there.

However i have been flirting alot with her, and she knows i have been looking after her etc. and when the conversation steered in that direction, i confessed i think she is really sweet and would like to meet her or something like that.

But she was apparantly really "surprised" that i felt that way, because she has just been totally herself and usually guys don't find that attractive. Which i can see being true, as she has a very odd sense of humor but i adore that so much. Also told me she hadn't been thinking like that and her past with other guys made it so she wouldn't just start something with another ugy.

I felt that this was the time to stop talking to her, but she texted me again next day and we are still talking now. I still really like her, and it's the first time i have felt this way since my ex that took a war to get over. But should i give up before it starts hurting me, because i don't want to deal with another "heartbreak" after the ex, before even having someone.

Edited by Chs