Ladies: does it offend u when he calls you "woman"?

From day one, he made it clear that he respected me for x number of reasons.

Well, ever since we slept together on a drunken Saturday night, for literally one minute, he's gotten SO cocky. He did appolozie for what happened that night and claimed he felt bad. We have only been together for a few months but I'm starting to get attached as he is as well.

Recently, his new thing is to call me woman. I don't like it nor do I find it cute and amusing! I'm trying to figure out where and why he decided thatwas a good name to start calling me!

Idk why it's buggin me, but it is!! Would this concern anyone else or should I loosen up?? lol

Thanks for taken the time to read/respond! Xo

sweetsmmr91
From day one, he made it clear that he respected me for x number of reasons.

Well, ever since we slept together on a drunken Saturday night, for literally one minute, he's gotten SO cocky. He did appolozie for what happened that night and claimed he felt bad. We have only been together for a few months but I'm starting to get attached as he is as well.

Recently, his new thing is to call me woman. I don't like it nor do I find it cute and amusing! I'm trying to figure out where and why he decided thatwas a good name to start calling me!

Idk why it's buggin me, but it is!! Would this concern anyone else or should I loosen up?? lol

Thanks for taken the time to read/respond! Xo

Um yeah! I wouldn't want a guy to call me woman. Haha. I have a name, call me "Nicole" or "baby" or "sweetheart" but don't call me by my gender! It makes me feel like he might as well be calling for a dog. Yuck. I'm not entirely sure what it is, but "woman" feels like I'm an object or just not special. I would put an end to it if I were you :)

Mme. Chaucer

You slept with him for literally ONE MINUTE?!?!

I think that would be a bigger concern for me than being called "woman."

• Like 4

I had this issue come up with my Fiancee. Her oldest Son would call her "woman". I told her that this was very disrespectful and she shrugged it off and told me "thats just how he is". I told her NO, he is that way because you LET him be that way.

Luckily her disrespecful oldest doesnt live with us. Already told her that would be a deal breaker for me as our marriage wouldnt last long with him around. And trust me, he has called her a lot worse. He is that way with all the family members though, not just her. He has issues.

AFAIAC only I can call her Woman. And when I do, it's out of love and I do it in a playful way.

I would hazzard to guess that her oldest Son will be alone for a long LONG time since he is so socially retarded.

Is this like "you are a woman?" or "get in the car, woman!" Reason I asked is I dated a woman who didn't like the term woman as descriptive of women generally and preferred "girl" which I found odd.

If he's joking and doesn't do it often, would let it slide. If it is accompanied by controlling or condescending behavior, time to move on.

Sometimes I don't know if women realize how blunt and nasty it sounds when men kid with each other in a normal way. Men regularly call each other "b-tch," "m-f-cker," "a-hole," "douche," etc. as terms of endearment or bonding. We don't do much of this around women. He may be just forgetting himself with you and you can interpret this as a good or a bad thing, half- empty or half-full.

I've known several women who liked being called "women" but of course it was in a endearing way, not a "respect my authoritah" way.

Some might even like being called "bitch" if done properly.

My mom HATED being called "mother", said it sounded like a swear word, but she didn't seem to mind swearing at any given point. :laugh:

Point is, everyone's different, and words can have more then one meaning depending on how you say them.

• Like 1

As long as the tone is playful, or respectful, I don't mind being called woman. I kind of like it.

It's all in the tone. It can be downright reverent.

xpaperxcutx

Then tell him you don't like being called " woman'. My guy calls me babe all the time, while that's okay, he also decided to call me his " ride or die chick" which I took real offense to.

I told him I wasn't ghetto and while it's a compliment I'd prefer he doesn't compare me to a pack mule that would do anything for him.