My wife confessed an affair today!

Since the two of them have already colluded with each other and concocted their stories, he must contact the wife without either one of them knowing he's going to do it.

You can't give either one of them a heads up, especially MM.

As I said in the post, I don't think liars are able to keep all of the details consistent, since they are lying. All he needs are a couple instances of bulls**t and he'll know she's lying. Also, if their stories are too identical that can tell him a lot as well.

Getting this all out in the open just might clear the way for the truth.

Personally - I think too much time has passed - since she told OP - time for them to conspire what they will or won't tell.

Just my 2 cents...

whichwayisup
I am painting a pretty accurate portrait of the way things have been. It is not blame assignment it is just reality. This analysis may not help me fix this marriage but it may keep my next relationship in a better place. I am clear that the A was not my fault.

Whatever problems that happened in your marriage are yours and hers. Her choice in how to handle them, and cheat is on her only.

I am making attempts to locate the MM's W, but these people are unlisted and I may have to enlist a PI to find her. Not my style.

Your wife didn't give you the number? I'm sure she has it and she probably knows where he lives. Think about asking her..

michelangelo
The OP's wife is lying . . . still. There is nothing worse than a cheater who "confesses," but will only confesses to part of the story and/or trickle truths to protect their own arse.

The only way for the OP to get the truth is for his wife to take a polygraph. And she'll probably still try to lie her way through it.

She "confessed" because the MM's wife is probably going to contact the OP. Her and the MM have already come up with the "Deny, Deny, Deny" plan of action and will try to stick to it.

I know this first hand. It is a vile thing to do to someone who loves you and you act like you love.

Using their love and willingness to suck it up and move forward is disgusting.

• Like 3
indian_couples
This analysis may not help me fix this marriage but it may keep my next relationship in a better place.

Do you think that after 27 years of marriage, so many memories, bringing up of your children, shopping together, vacationing together and so much time spent together, you will ever find someone like her again?

Neither will she.

despicableME
I am making attempts to locate the MM's W, but these people are unlisted and

I may have to enlist a PI to find her. Not my style.

Why not just get the info from your wife. If she's ready to do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to save this marriage, she has to give you this vital piece of info. as a stipulation toward a reconciliation. This is her first step(full transparency) in recovering your trust.