Coping with harmful memories

ArexS

I've been through a harsh life, many things have gotten me down over this life, if I weren't as strong as I have been, I probably wouldn't be alive right now.

Though as for keeping them away, or coping with them when they come about, how can I do this? I've learned many things over this life, and sometimes these bad memories take me down a few notches.

Philosoraptor

If you are finding the thoughts to be so overwhealming then I'd suggest speaking to a professional who might be able to better guide you to finding forgiveness and acceptance for whatever life has thrown at you.

That's a good idea. I'm screwed up. Seeking a therapist is good advice.

I'm angry. Not as much as I was before. Not angry every minute all the time, but still angry a lot of the time. I HATE MY EX FOR ABUSING ME PSYCHOLOGICALLY. I HATE HIM. HE IS DISGUSTING AND A LARGE PIECE OF NOTHING.

That feels better.:)

That's a good idea. I'm screwed up. Seeking a therapist is good advice.

I'm angry. Not as much as I was before. Not angry every minute all the time, but still angry a lot of the time. I HATE MY EX FOR ABUSING ME PSYCHOLOGICALLY. I HATE HIM. HE IS DISGUSTING AND A LARGE PIECE OF NOTHING.

That feels better.:)

I think of my ex as the lucky sperm that made it out of millions.

My ex should really consider no longer procreating. He should be required to wear a bell so women knows he's approaching them. No woman should have to deal with his bs and his lies and psychological abuse.

My ex should really consider no longer procreating. He should be required to wear a bell so women knows he's approaching them. No woman should have to deal with his bs and his lies and psychological abuse.

Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire if he contacts you again over the phone. Crush his ego and make him suffer.

I basically told my ex she was a pest, my family hated her, my friends hated her, my work friends hated her, and gave every example why she was a waste of time. I told her she would get in the way with school and she goes..."we need each other." I told her I would rather have a blowup doll than her. She called me and said she thought I would make peace with her..I responded and said that we are like "North and South Korea and I'm throwing the Artillery shells at you."

If she decides to contact me even to say "happy birthday," I will not hesistate to make a list in Word and state "100 reasons why you will be stuck with your cat, will have no friends, and never get married." She loses friends and now people at her work are sick of her. She will be fired and can't figure out what she wants to do in her career.

Be mean, cruel, and fight fire with fire. Honestly sometimes revenge is sweet.

The day after we broke up and I still had her on facebook I had my neighbor hit on me on my wall and had some girls post on my wall to drive her nuts and get her to lose it before I deleted her on facebook. She constantly stalked my facebook 24/7.

Many people who have suffered abuse experience something very much like PTSD, (post traumatic stress disorder). If this would be the case in your situation therapy is good advice as there are a few effective techniques such as EMDR, (Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing), for example that have been effective in the coping phase.

Best wishes.

Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire if he contacts you again over the phone. Crush his ego and make him suffer.

I said evil, cruel nasty things to him on the phone and in emails. But I don't want to anymore. I don't know the gal who did that....she was so full of rage....I feel like I wasn't myself. Seriously, I said things to him and called him names that I've never callled anyone else before. Because of the egregious things he did to me, I verbally abused him- on the phone, in emails, in text messages...BEFORE be began to harass me to try to force me to be his friend. I've called him a stupid bastard, worthless slut, a dysfunctional bastard, a whore, a monster, etc. etc. etc. One day I told him he was nothing. etc. etc. One day I told him he was dead to me.

I'm done with insulting him on the phone and in emails and in texts. I have no contact with him whatsoever. I don't want to be mean. I don't like that side of me. His horrible treatment of me brought it out, but I have decided not to be cruel to him anymore. Now, I only insult him on here or in my journal. He has a very sad, pathetic life. I don't want to insult him any more.