well then what are "we"?

..or is there even an us? We both like eachother, our last relationships didn't end well. I like him so much and he even asked me to be his girlfriend. I said yes and two days later we both agreed that things happened too fast and that just friends would be better. well it turned out to be friends with benefits instead and since that's not what I'm wanting, i told him today things need to be clear. Either we are just friends or more than friends. He says he likes me and wants to be with me but just isnt ready to be in a relationship. He enjoys my company and asks to spend time with me often, we can enjoy our time even if we don't do anything. I'm wonderig how long I should wait because I do want to be more than friends but I feel like I'm wasting my time. Should i accept the fact that only friends is what it will be? Or should I wait around and hope for it to become more..when he's ready. He's so confusing because he talks to all his people about me and was trying to get me to meet his family. I asked him if all his friends met his mom and he said no.. so what does that mean? Are we more than friends? I'm sooo confused and so scared i dont want to get hurt. Any advice will help.. my mind is all over the place and it doesn't help when he texts and says he misses me.

Theres seems to be some limbo between love and like and lust that goes beyond familial or platonic love. Why do I know this? Because I have a special friend too, that everyone thinks is or should be my boyfriend. But the thing is, we don't know what it is. We've stopped trying to figure it out and just love each other.

But, we still are out there looking for that mystical person to fall IN love with. I feel like if he's telling you he's not ready for a relationship, what that means is that he's not ready for a relationship with YOU (nothing personal, just sayin'), but that he loves you. As a wonderful friend.

So, maybe you agree with him that you are friends, and you live your life. You go out and meet people, date, go back and commiserate with your friend, the whole nine yards. Don't wait for this guy. It's too easy to want to, I know, lol. But maybe just knowing that you have someone who loves you no matter what, even if it's not in a romantic way, can help you feel better about meeting someone who WILL fall for you completely. :)