Girl not yet ready for a relationship - should I walk away now?

NewHorizons

I met this girl at the beginning of the year and we immediately hit it off, and have been seeing each other 2-3 times a week ever since. Anyway last week we got onto the discussion about where we were heading, and she said she didn’t yet feel ready for a serious relationship, but she might do shortly down the line. I’ve seen her once since then and we both acted as though we never had that conversation.

I know this normally means a girl’s not interested, but it feels like there’s a lot of attraction between us, and she’ll usually stay over/I stay at her’s after we’ve been out, and it’s very intimate. She’s already introduced me to her parents, and her friends often say to me how much she likes me. I know she got hurt badly last year (although I haven’t talked to her about this), and I think this is perhaps the reason why she wants to hold back for now?

Is it worth sticking around and seeing how the next month or so goes, and just enjoy my time with her; or should I get out of it now before I get even more burnt? I would walk away now if it wasn’t for the fact that I like her so much, and have invested a lot of my time in her. I feel like I’ll have more regrets over not persevering, than trying for a bit longer and not getting anywhere.

I think it is up to you. You obviously need to be in a commited relationship which she cannot provide for you at this time. That doesn't make her a bad person she just may not want the commitment. If you start dating others make sure you're honest with her about it. She may change her mind once she realizes that you are giving another girl a chance.

• 2 weeks later...
Melbufama
I met this girl at the beginning of the year and we immediately hit it off, and have been seeing each other 2-3 times a week ever since. Anyway last week we got onto the discussion about where we were heading, and she said she didn’t yet feel ready for a serious relationship, but she might do shortly down the line. I’ve seen her once since then and we both acted as though we never had that conversation.

I know this normally means a girl’s not interested, but it feels like there’s a lot of attraction between us, and she’ll usually stay over/I stay at her’s after we’ve been out, and it’s very intimate. She’s already introduced me to her parents, and her friends often say to me how much she likes me. I know she got hurt badly last year (although I haven’t talked to her about this), and I think this is perhaps the reason why she wants to hold back for now?

Is it worth sticking around and seeing how the next month or so goes, and just enjoy my time with her; or should I get out of it now before I get even more burnt? I would walk away now if it wasn’t for the fact that I like her so much, and have invested a lot of my time in her. I feel like I’ll have more regrets over not persevering, than trying for a bit longer and not getting anywhere.

I would date around and have a back up plan, waiting is so much less stressful when you have other things to do, and other people who can potentially be better than her.