What is your ideal physical type? (with pics)

Eternal Sunshine

You dont need weights to put on good muscle and get ripped. Look at gymnasts bodies. Those dudes are powerful, explosive, and ripped and only use their body weight to stay in shape. Body weight exercises take more innovation and reps to build the muscle weights will, but they still build muscle.

Gymnasts often use weight to enhance their workouts and are not a burly as they look on TV:

"Gymnasts have amazing upper bodies. While they certainly have great muscular development, their size isn't quite as big in-person at it seems on television. The vast majority of male gymnasts weigh less than 150 lbs.

Their leanness, which primarily is the result of their 30-plus hours of training per week, makes the muscle size they do have appear even larger. However, if you see them out and about in a T-shirt they will look "small" " - Gina Paulhus

ThaWholigan
Nope, it's her choice of reading material.

LOL, I didn't even know she was wearing bracelets until you pointed them out.

But you aren't going to find anybody who got a 6-pack without going to the gym.

Everybody with a body like the one FS posted, had to really work for it.

Just for that, I'm gonna prove you wrong :D.

I'll get a 6 pack without going to the gym. We should do that challenge, I'll even help you :D

mesmerized

Everybody with a body like the one FS posted, had to really work for it.

What's your point here? What's wrong about being attracted to a man who doesn't sit on his ass all day?

When I was in Rome, looking at the male sculptures, I honestly got horny at how attractive and muscular they were. There was no gym at those times but I bet a great deal of men still looked that way because they did a lot of things that required a lot of muscle use/strength. Muscular men are not a new phenomenon. Now we don't get what we are supposed to get naturally with 9-5 office jobs and thus going to gym and working on your body is necessary.

• Like 2
Titania22
Nope, it's her choice of reading material.

LOL, I didn't even know she was wearing bracelets until you pointed them out.

There you go, I didn't notice the books. :confused: You mean she can read. Wow! I'm impressed.

• Like 1
If that's in response to my post, as I already said, she's natural.

Hey man, I'm still brushing up on this whole "reading comprehension" thing, so cut me a little slack, will ya?

Geez.

ThaWholigan
What's your point here? What's wrong about being attracted to a man who doesn't sit on his ass all day?

When I was in Rome, looking at the male sculptures, I honestly got horny at how attractive and muscular they were. There was no gym at those times but I bet a great deal of men still looked that way because they did a lot of things that required a lot of muscle use/strength. Muscular men are not a new phenomenon. Now we don't get what we are supposed to get naturally with 9-5 office jobs and thus going to gym and working on your body is necessary.

It's just lack of education about proper fitness. I have to do lots of research to get the info I need to get the physique that I want. I don't think it's so unattainable for most people, genes or not.

somedude81
Just for that, I'm gonna prove you wrong :D.

I'll get a 6 pack without going to the gym. We should do that challenge, I'll even help you :D

Why would I want to stop going to the gym?

Either way, I need to lose my stomach fat if I want to get a 6 pack.

I'm actually betting that a very small number of men looked that way in those times, but probably more then than now as our diet is horrible and we have sit on our ass jobs.

mesmerized
It's just lack of education about proper fitness. I have to do lots of research to get the info I need to get the physique that I want. I don't think it's so unattainable for most people, genes or not.

Yeah and honesty, somedude acts like spending an hour or two in gym everyday is such a huge sacrifice. Human body, specially the ones of males is supposed to do all that work during a day and even more. Being fat and sitting on your bum all day is NOT natural and normal. I'm also not in the best shape I should be, but I don't make excuses for myself cause I know it comes from my laziness and that I should work to fix it.

Titania22

On the subject of 6pack, my son had one when he was 10, because my now exboyfriend kept punishing him by making him hold his legs 6inches in the air, whilst lying down. It was really painful but he developed incredible abs from it.

So I guess you don't need a gym.

• Like 2
ThaWholigan
Yeah and honesty, somedude acts like spending an hour or two in gym everyday is such a huge sacrifice. Human body, specially the ones of males is supposed to do all that work during a day and even more. Being fat and sitting on your bum all day is NOT natural and normal. I'm also not in the best shape I should be, but I don't make excuses for myself cause I know it comes from my laziness and that I should work to fix it.

You don't even need to spend longer than an hour in the gym :laugh:. I wonder what kind of workouts they're doing. When my dad was showing me how to train, he wasn't doing these mammoth workouts, and he's in great shape for his age. I've also been learning about functional training, and I'm certainly confident that in no time I'll have the physique I want.

Diet is also extremely important.

• Like 1
mesmerized
On the subject of 6pack, my son had one when he was 10, because my now exboyfriend kept punishing him by making him hold his legs 6inches in the air, whilst lying down. It was really painful but he developed incredible abs from it.

This is hilarious. If I ever have kids, that will be how I punish them lol

ThaWholigan

My little brother has had a six pack almost all his life :laugh:. He's a little stocky now so there is a small layer of fat over it but it's still visible. He's very active and was always doing stuff as a kid, climbing, running, weights, fighting, you name it.

And he's only 5 foot 6 :laugh:

somedude81

And how many hours a week do you spend in the gym?

Titania22
This is hilarious. If I ever have kids, that will be how I punish them lol

I think it was definately kinder then hitting them. Painfully definately (made my son cry sometimes), but no actually damage and better physical fitness. I kind of wish my son had kept doing it, he could be the only 13yr old gamer with a 6pack.

somedude81

That's so mean. But hey, he's got abs.

I'm also pretty sure that he has very low body fat, compared to an adult, and it's easy for his abs to show through.

Titania22
My little brother has had a six pack almost all his life :laugh:. He's a little stocky now so there is a small layer of fat over it but it's still visible. He's very active and was always doing stuff as a kid, climbing, running, weights, fighting, you name it.

And he's only 5 foot 6 :laugh:

My son wasn't doing any of that, he is a gamer through and through. He spend every possible minute gaming and/or online. Exercise for him is when he has to walk to school.

I should probably just throw out the obvious: 99% of the pictures posted here are of men/women who represent probably 1% of the entire population.

Oh, and never trust a picture...photoshop is so heavily used nowadays. And makeup.

ThaWholigan
My son wasn't doing any of that, he is a gamer through and through. He spend every possible minute gaming and/or online. Exercise for him is when he has to walk to school.

:laugh: seen. I wasn't very active as a kid, I played football a lot and I was a little wiry, but then I just got really tall and broad. I'm still very broad now, albeit with a little fat around the stomach, but I don't think it will take long to get rid of. I've changed my diet, and I'm about to start a training blitz - all without the gym :D.

Titania22
That's so mean. But hey, he's got abs.

I'm also pretty sure that he has very low body fat, compared to an adult, and it's easy for his abs to show through.

He does have low body fat. He is skinny as. But back then we couldn't afford to eat enough so all the kids lost any fat they had, including my ex's stock chubby son, who liked to have 6ths at dinner. Poverty: An excellent weight loss strategy.

• Like 1
mesmerized
And how many hours a week do you spend in the gym?

Not as much as I should. I try to work out at least 3 times a week but it's certainly not enough. And I go through phases where I don't work out at all due to other factors in life. I realize fully that it's my fault and I don't make excuses for myself. In any case, having a 6 pack is not a goal for me and thankfully I'm blessed with an hourglass figure that knows where to store fat for the most part lol

Titania22
:laugh: seen. I wasn't very active as a kid, I played football a lot and I was a little wiry, but then I just got really tall and broad. I'm still very broad now, albeit with a little fat around the stomach, but I don't think it will take long to get rid of. I've changed my diet, and I'm about to start a training blitz - all without the gym :D.

Yeah if you have the discipline and motivation there is no reason not to succeed without the gym.

However possibly the gym helps people because having the membership can guilt them into going regularly, and because of the weights and machines available, it can idiot proof hitting all the major muscle groups without too much thought.

ThaWholigan
Yeah if you have the discipline and motivation there is no reason not to succeed without the gym.

However possibly the gym helps people because having the membership can guilt them into going regularly, and because of the weights and machines available, it can idiot proof hitting all the major muscle groups without too much thought.

I did one better: I bought a swiss ball, a skipping rope, a kettle bell, a resistance tube, a dumbbell set and a pull up bar. Next I need a barbell, a bench, a heavier kettle bell and a medicine ball. After that, I'll be sorted.

Besides, I would prefer not to use the machines.

BewitchedandBothered
I did one better: I bought a swiss ball, a skipping rope, a kettle bell, a resistance tube, a dumbbell set and a pull up bar. Next I need a barbell, a bench, a heavier kettle bell and a medicine ball. After that, I'll be sorted.

Besides, I would prefer not to use the machines.

Get a bosu ball, too!!!! Planking on it is awesome for the core:)

• Like 1