I want to be more than friends

WhiteChocolate

Okay, so I've mentioned this guy before. Link to post.

I still haven't done anything. Kept wimping out.

Today after our exam we grabbed dinner, and then just sat and talked for about three hours. He seems to enjoy my company, and I definitely enjoy his.

There were times when I sat really close to him. There were moments of teasing/flirting. When we said goodbye I should have hugged him...but didn't. Gahhh, missed opportunity! I just haven't been able to bring myself to break the touch barrier without clear "it's okay" signals from him.

I'm normally not like this. For some reason, breaking the touch barrier has never been this difficult.

Maybe he's just not into me or he would've asked me out himself by now. :confused:

I need encouragement. Reassurance. Opinions. Tips. Help please!

Edit: We're in college. I'm almost 20, he's 21. For whoever cares.

Edited by WhiteChocolate

I know how you feel WhiteChocolate.

The touch barrier is very difficult to break.

But today I managed to break it.

I touched my friend's arm while kissing him on the cheek.

I made it appear innocent.

He reacted with a nerveous laugh, bolting 3 metres away from me with a glazey drugged look in his eyes.

He wanted to get the hell out of my company. The air between us is charged with butterflies ready to blow up.

Now, I'm just letting him process the significance of me touching his arm.

When should you be more touchy ? Just let it be natural.

Don't expect immediate results. Just let time do its work.

" You can't hurry love, no you just have to waiiiiitttt! " (Lyrics by Cher :))

• Like 1
  • Author
WhiteChocolate
But today I managed to break it.

I touched my friend's arm while kissing him on the cheek.

I made it appear innocent.

He reacted with a nerveous laugh, bolting 3 metres away from me with a glazey drugged look in his eyes.

He wanted to get the hell out of my company. The air between us is charged with butterflies ready to blow up.

Now, I'm just letting him process the significance of me touching his arm.

LOL. That is so funny.

I'm not patient though! But I realize I can't push things. Anyways, I'm going to ask if he's busy Saturday night.

Thanks, my situation has been funny since weeks now. :D

You can read it in my super big thread. :lmao:

This evening, I talked about my coming exam to my friend.

He teased me about me being kicked out of the school and all.

And as a result, I punched him on the arm... screaming " You're evil.... ! "

Deep inside, he liked it. Oh yeah baby... :D We're getting physical.

Yeah, ask him if he wants to get an ice-cream or so, something fun you could do.

Maybe I should ask my friend the same. :confused:

• Author
WhiteChocolate

Yes you definitely should ask! Do it do it!

I texted him asking if he'd like to hang out again before summer, and he replied, "I'd love to!"

I squealed like a fangirl. :love:

So...it's set for Sunday. Let's see how this goes. I keep thinking that I'm "friendzoned" by this guy. But then I realize that I haven't given him very clear signals either, and also he is generally thoughtful and careful about his actions, so has probably just been keeping his hands to himself.

This makes me nervous. :p

• Like 1
  • Author
WhiteChocolate

Update: Freshly back from my outing.

We moved it to Monday since he realized he had an exam. We grabbed smoothies and then walked and talked for a couple of miles along a park trail by the lake.

It feels like he sees me as just a platonic friend.

SO FRUSTRATING.

I have two options here: pursue or just let go. I'm leaning towards letting go, just because if he's not into me then he's not into me. But I like him a lot, and I don't want to regret anything. And I know he likes me too....but as a friend.

I should have made a move!! Why oh why didn't I do anything.

What should I do??

:(:(:(:(:(

Edited by WhiteChocolate
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author
WhiteChocolate

Update...

So I messed up when planning my housing arrangements for this summer and ended up homeless for August. I posted on Facebook asking for help and guess who is one of the people to offer a couch ;)

The other person who offered is a friend's exbf. Not going there.

So yea I will be living with him and his sister in August. Whoopee. I'm nervous but I'm sure this won't be too awkward.

Any opinions on how he views me? What guy would offer to help a girl out like this, is it weird at all??? Advice?