Frienship - relationship stories? does it ever work?

I can honestly say I've never seen lovers turn into friends it is hard and makes life complicated.

You can turn friendship into love but Love into friendship seldom.

I can say truthfully that I have had both.

I was seeing a guy very intensely for 2 years and we were totally in love with each other. Unfortunately, distance was an issue later in the relationship and we broke up due to neither of us agreeing to move. We are now boht in other relationships and are amazing friends. He knows everything about my life and vice versa. I am ceratinly not in love with him, but he does have a special place in my heart...one that belongs to a best friend. It was weird at first, but the fact that we don't live in the same country made that transition easier and we became friends. It has taken a few years to become this way, but I can truly say we have no feelings towards each other anymore in any way other than friendship, and it's great!

On the flip side...I am currently dating someone I had been friends on and off with for 10 years, since college. For whatever reasons (and neither of us can completely figure it out or define it)...something changed one night and we began to look at each other differently. We both admit there had been an attraction for a while, but timing was never right, and we became friends, never really close, but definitely friends. We have been dating about 7 months now and seem to be leading to the love thing. We easily fell into the relationship thing and our friends find the whole thing funny and wonder why it never happened before.

So...both are possible. It just takes a certain type of friendship for both people for both instances. :D

lexnmike4enomore

Sorry hunny.......but it doesn't work. I was good friend with this guy and then it turned serious.............it didn't last long and we haven´t spoken. But if the friendship is solid and you guys are BEST FRIENDS, than who knows......the relationship might me awesome and last very long b-c you established a foundation before you got serious.