In love with my best friend of 11 years

My guy friend and i have been best friends for about 11 years. We have always been very close, but just friends.. Until recently. I am really starting to fall for him, something I thought would never happen. He has feelings for me too, he has mentioned a few times that sometimes he just wishes i was his girlfriend/we should date etc...

So, we both just got out of long term relationships. Both of us are very happy to be out, our situations were similar, both got cheated on etc.

But Im so stuck. I have a lot of feelings for him and I dont know what to do. On one hand i want to be with him.. if it works out it would be so perfect we are best friends! But on the other hand if it doesnt work out I will most likely lose my best friend. :(

We have slept together a few times now in the past couple weeks... Ive been thinking about asking him where we stand/what he wants from me... Should I ask? Or should i just let nature take its course? I just dont know.

I really like him. Help!

Ive been thinking about asking him where we stand/what he wants from me... Should I ask?

Sure, why not? This is a thing people usually do after sleeping together a few times, no? He's probably going to ask you the same question, though, so be prepared to answer if you bring it up.