Could he really be jealous of my new found fortune, but we are team??

Confused123

I have been in quite a slump with my current job.. FINALLY, I landed the job of my dreams, the money is about 30,000.00 more a year. It is a higher end position, everything I have wanted for a long time... Which I truly deserve...

Ok, so here is my issue. When I found out my boyfriend didn't share in my jump and down excitiment. I will be making more money then him.. However, who cares.. I never cared when he made more then me and this man supporting women bullsh&t is not going to fly as a response with me. I pay half the bill and have all along. So, it is not as if he was doing more and now can't.. Does anyone esle find this form of jealous normal or is he being very selfish here... Of course he won't admit it, but I can sense it, I can tell he is not 100% happy for me....

I have a college degree, I am an intelligent, career oriented women. I would think that would be a very attractive feature. however, he was totally fixated on the fact that my new boss was a male, young and successful. I don't care if he is brad pitt. I love my boyfriend.. I would not trade him for any man, money or not.... Why can't he just be happy for me.... I mean he pretends to be happy, but I know it is not sincere.

Any suggestion on how to handle this, would be much appericated... However, I understand we are talking about a man's ego, a very touchy subject... :(

Maybe his is afraid that if you become so successful that you will forget about him. It may make him feel left out. Maybe he thinks you won't need him anymore. Everyone needs to feel needed by the person they love. How would he expect you to feel if the same thing were to happen to him? And how would you react? Would you be maybe a little jealous? Be honest. Give him some time to adjust to this change. Humans are creatures of habit.

Money can be an issue for some men. If he is making less $$, he might feel less like a man. I say be aware and sensitive to the issue and make sure that you let him feel like a man - no matter how much money he makes.

• Author
Confused123

I agree, I understand his jealous. However, i guess I am someone who would not show it, even if I felt it... You are right, I will give him time to adjust.. I just wishe dhe was more supportive of the good news. However, I can see his side. Just made me alittle annoyed because he kinda ruined my excitement... But, i will patient with this one...

i would feel the same way, afraid, insecure, not needed, less of a man. men are supposed to take care of things. it isnt uncommon for a wife to make more now, but if you look at the past 50 or even 20 years it isnt really the norm. i would feel almost obsolete. give it time