Learning how to trust again

NeverDated

NeverDated

Boyfriend and I have had several fights, mostly induced by my extremely pregnant-hormonal state, but it always comes down to me not "trusting" him. I don't mean jealousy or accusations of cheating - I mean I have a very very hard time relying on him.

Life pretty much sucks right now. I won't go into details, but things are nowhere near ideal or even workable. There are [big] problems, with no solutions.

He keeps saying things like, "As long as we're together, everything will work out." It hurts him that I can't accept that. I'd given my ex-husband that power in my life, and he abused it, and I'm terrified of doing it again.

I thought I was over this. I discovered when it came to something serious, I'm not. All I can think is history is on repeat, things will not get better, I can't rely on him (or any one else). The only person I could rely on was my mother, and she's dead.

So I sit here and worry over things I can't fix. It makes me miserable, it hurts him, it's becoming a problem. Therapy didn't help, and I can't find a new therapist (in the area, that I can afford). I'm trying to keep it together and feel utterly lost, all the while I have an amazing man who could/would/will keep me grounded if I would just let him...

january2011

In your current state, can you go it alone? If not, I don't think you have a choice but to trust him. Even if it's only for some things and not everything. Start small. Trust him with little things and build upwards. Give him the opportunity to be there for you, especially if it's his baby too.