Consolidated Discussion - Paying for Dates

acarls20

Agreed. So why is money so important to you? Why should a man spend his hard earned money on a first date(s). Convince me.

He doesn't have to.

If, however, a woman prefers a man who pays on the first date, then she's free not to see him again.

Again, it's all very simple.

• Like 2
Ohhh if you only had a brain. I'm starting to think it's stupidity that's the problem when it comes to dating.

No, I'm just in a bitchy mood. However your example comes across as a man is to support and a women place is in the kitchen indefinitely. Than it serms as if you agreed with me when I changed the scenario, which only reiterates my point mentioned earlier so I do think stupidity may be the problem here. Unless you misunderstood my intial reply to you.

Just because you chose to go down the bitter road doesn't mean everyone else has to jump along with you.

I actually have no problems with men not wanting to pay. I do have a lot of problems with men tearing into other men with unbelievable venom and snideness for wanting to pay. If anyone thinks women are the 'catty' gender, they should read threads on LS about men paying for dates - they'll change their mind in a heartbeat. Live and let live, geez.

The men here can handle themselves and can take issue with me directly, I am right here. With that being said I don't know why you are attacking me with insults such as bitter, venom, snidenes, let's keep it civil shall we?

But those men mostly aren't HERE to defend themselves, as you can see for yourself. Why do you think that is?

Where in my posts did you MISS me saying that its not about the MONEY, it's about the PRINCIPLE!

I guess I did miss the principle of spending money on a date. What is the principle? Tell us.

But those men mostly aren't HERE to defend themselves, as you can see for yourself. Why do you think that is?

Ooh! I know!

Cause they're out dates :laugh:.

• Like 2

Not my problem. The reason for my posts is to shed a different aspect that goes against the social grain of normality. Men should pay. No, they shouldn't. I used to shell out money hand over fist thinking it was the way things were done and it would get me some action. After all, dating leads to sex ultimately.

I am just shedding some light here in what appears to be a female dominated site for the guys, that paying get's you no where! There is absolutely no guarantee's paying will get you anything. If you want a guarantee, go hire a professional.

There are better and creative ways to date and more effective ways than to spend all kinds of money on a female during a date.

Let's just say I am trying to spread awareness. Yes, awareness that sounds good.

It is on topic. It commends your efforts at raising awareness about the choice to pay or not pay for dates.

Oddly, dear Sid, we agree.

It's a free choice.

There is no conspiracy. (thanks Mad men), there's men and women choosing what they want to do and how they want to date.

Not my problem. The reason for my posts is to shed a different aspect that goes against the social grain of normality. Men should pay. No, they shouldn't. I used to shell out money hand over fist thinking it was the way things were done and it would get me some action. After all, dating leads to sex ultimately.

I am just shedding some light here in what appears to be a female dominated site for the guys, that paying get's you no where! There is absolutely no guarantee's paying will get you anything. If you want a guarantee, go hire a professional.

There are better and creative ways to date and more effective ways than to spend all kinds of money on a female during a date.

Let's just say I am trying to spread awareness. Yes, awareness that sounds good.

I agree with all this. ;) But some men are not doing it for the reasons you did. It is akin to the difference between a woman having sex on the first date because she thinks it'll snag the guy or she can't get the guy any other way, and doing it because she wants to. The former is the reason that you paid. The latter is the reason some other guys pay. She doesn't deserve to be called names just because of what she did, and those guys don't deserve to be called names either.

• Like 1
I agree with all this. ;) But some men are not doing it for the reasons you did. It is akin to the difference between a woman having sex on the first date because she thinks it'll snag the guy or she can't get the guy any other way, and doing it because she wants to. The former is the reason that you paid. The latter is the reason some other guys pay. She doesn't deserve to be called names just because of what she did, and those guys don't deserve to be called names either.

Allow me to let you in on a little secret. I have had sex on the first date a few times and I never once thought any less of her. Why should I? I think it is great that a female can embrace sexuality to her content. I don't judge that one bit. But you know who does, the most? Other women, that's right other women. I rarely hear the men I know complain of such a thing. But other women, whoa, watch out. Hell, you see it here on this very site.

You are not a man. When I say chump a man knows exactly what I mean by that. We do. You, don't. You are not a man so therefore you take it as a disparaging remark. For us, we know a chump when we see one. In my opinion, a man that pays for dinner time and and again all the while the girl soaks it all up with glee with nothing in return is a chump. I will not apologize for my opinion.

We do not live in the 60's anymore. If a females expects me to pay, EXPECTS me to pay, im out. I move on. If a female expects a man to pay, she also can pursue that avenue as well.

Allow me to let you in on a little secret. I have had sex on the first date a few times and I never once thought any less of her. Why should I? I think it is great that a female can embrace sexuality to her content. I don't judge that one bit. But you know who does, the most? Other women, that's right other women. I rarely hear the men I know complain of such a thing. But other women, whoa, watch out. Hell, you see it here on this very site.

Precisely. Other women shame women for doing that, just as how you, a man, shamed men for paying. Thanks for getting my analogy. :)

You are not a man. When I say chump a man knows exactly what I mean by that. We do. You, don't. You are not a man so therefore you take it as a disparaging remark. For us, we know a chump when we see one. In my opinion, a man that pays for dinner time and and again all the while the girl soaks it all up with glee with nothing in return is a chump. I will not apologize for my opinion.

Wait, what? So it isn't a disparaging remark? What is the term to you, then? A compliment? :confused:

As for the bolded, you said 'a man who pays', fullstop. Nothing about reciprocation.

We do not live in the 60's anymore. If a females expects me to pay, EXPECTS me to pay, im out. I move on. If a female expects a man to pay, she also can pursue that avenue as well.

Perfectly reasonable viewpoint. Still doesn't justify shaming other men who want to pay.

mesmerized

A man has to pay every single time and then take her to her place, give her an amazing oral session, make her orgasm at least 3 times, cuddle her till morning and then leave.:D

• Like 1
A man has to pay every single time and then take her to her place, give her an amazing oral session, make her orgasm at least 3 times, cuddle her till morning and then leave.:D

You forgot "maker her breakfast in bed" :p:laugh:.

mesmerized
You forgot "maker her breakfast in bed" :p:laugh:.

Fine. Then let's add another oral session for when she is eating the breakfast. The poor guy need breakfast too!

• Like 1
Fine. Then let's add another oral session for when she is eating the breakfast. The poor guy need breakfast too!

Breakfast in bed for two. That's such a good idea, I think I'll actually try to sell it. :laugh:

Shame? Who is talking about shame?

Yes in my opinion, again my opinion a man who pays for an initial date(s) is a chump. Full stop. There is no reason for it. There is nothing to garner from it. There are better ways, easier ways in fact. Now if a man finds my statement of a chump offensive that is for them to decide and take up with me. They can defend themselves.

mesmerized
Breakfast in bed for two. That's such a good idea, I think I'll actually try to sell it. :laugh:

As long as I get to patent it. :laugh:

• Like 1
FrustratedStandards

You forgot to mention that he brings you chocolate and a rose before he leaves :p

Oxy Moronovich
Whomever requests the date should probably be paying for it.

If he takes you out, he should pay for it. If she takes you out, she should pay for it.

I heard of men being asked out by women and then women expecting to be payed for. That kind of crap really confuses me, and THAT is entitled attitude. Otherwise, it is fair game.

And since guys do the asking 99% of the time we should pay, right?

FrustratedStandards
And since guys do the asking 99% of the time we should pay, right?

Apparently common sense isn't as common as we thought.