My buddies say I'm "Whipped" but I don't see it like that. I just love her.

desertcitysound

desertcitysound

(2) Things:

1.)Does anyone feel it werid to put my loved one first over Career?

I love my girl. we've been together 5 years. we live together. I will

turn down certain things at work if they take me out of town for 2-3 weeks

because I really don't like to be away from my girl for that long. Is that weird?

i get a lot of grief from by buddies like i'm 'whipped' or something, but i really

genuinely love her. I want a family someday and she does too. I want to ask her to marry

me and that's important to me, Our life together. Life is short. She is important to me.

I would change my job around for her. I have self-respect and my own goals, but i would alter

then a little, for our relationship, Am I wrong? It's called a compromise, I think.

tattoomytoe

i think that is so sweet !!! i wish my bf would sacrafice certain things for me, and he prob does w/out me even knowing!

but as long as you are not bitter or resentful because you do turn down things that you may want...i do not see a prob! good luck in love!

Turning down trips can be ok. Changing jobs... it is too much. My fltmate has her ex on her head now because when they've been together he'd turned down a big time offer from Microsoft - he had to move to the States, we're from Eastern Europe.

What do you know, another year down the road and she left him for a scholarship to France. I'm not saying that it can happen to you, but if you trust,love and respect her,than you'll do what's best for both of you. Maybe you could use the extra cash from the trip to have a nice vacation.... Anyway, I think having a solid career always helps a couple. As long as it does not take long hours on daily basis away from her, why not?

• Author
desertcitysound

no i agree. i want a good job but, i could choose to take a job that takes me away on

weekends and the occasional two to three week deal....

OR, I could choose to take a job that is still pretty cool, but i'd be at home some weekdays

with song long days here and there.

My thing is, over the years, I've realized that Family and my girl are the most important things

in my life. I would love LOVE to have a family with my girl. But i also love my job, My art. But i

would alter my title a bit to make it more convenient for 'Us" and I guess some guys, my buddies,

think that's stupid. I love time away from my girl, so we can do our own things, but I'm never so

glad to be away from her like some of my buddies. They're all "I can't wait to get away this weekend

from the Ol' Ball and Chain". I'm never like that.

They think it's *stupid* til they get a woman of their own that they'll never wanna let go of. Then you can make fun of them. I think it's sweet to see a guy so committed to a woman that you love so dearly. And besides, what's so dern bad about being 'ball and chained' to the woman of your dreams?

Are your friends going to provide you with a family, love, sex and children? Will your friends be there for you? Will your friends serve you breakfast in bed? Will your friends give you mind-blowing sex? Nope. But I bet that ball and chain will. Hmmm. :confused:

If I could choose between the two, I'd go for the one with more free time. A career for the sake of a career is meaningless. So is making sacrifices for a career when one doesn't need to.

If you're happy than be happy. I suspect your friends may be a bit jealous for your relationship with your girl. It does sound pretty special. Don't mind them and don't allow them to make any comments on you, your career or your choices. Friends do know when to stay away! So... continue to be happy with your girl!

Cheers,

Curly

Being razzed is part of normal male interaction.

There's nothing wrong with being happily and non-destructively whipped, and there's nothing wrong with taking a bit of heat for it.