How do I make myself a better person?

I've been friends with this girl for about 2 years. She got dumped a few months ago and I was giving her the whole NC talk but she wouldn't listen to the advice. Instead she would keep hurting herself by staying in contact with her ex. Her older cousin finally talked to her and she finally took that advice. That was a few months ago. I believe she's over him.

Anyways, she told me the other day that she likes me and it caught me off guard. I thought about it for a while after that and she has really grown on me A LOT since we first became friends, but I only saw us as friends so I never really thought about it. I never thought she would have seen anything in me past that. She is gorgeous too and I'm just some skinny ass dude with blue eyes. Must be my eyes then :cool:

It seems like I'm the one to text her and ask what's up or questions about life. I know I'm probably a little co-dependent because she's still my really good friend so it's kind of hard. My question is, how do I make myself more intriguing so that she initiates conversation first or wants to ask me about my life? I really do like her a lot and want to make myself a better person and become the best person I can be, not only for her, but for myself. I feel like she's a keeper and don't want to come off as weak or smothering. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks LS!

• Author

RedMercury, I cannot thank you enough for the time you put in to that reply. Thank you so much!

Rogue Casanova

I was going to respond to this but, the person who answered the question nailed it. Lastly you gotta be willing to take a risk and make it happen, when opportunity presents itself grab it and make a move. You miss 100 percent of the shots that you don't take.

• Author

Thanks guys. Since she's my really good friend she's been telling me that she also talks to another guy 600 miles away and said she likes that he's more dominant in conversation but she likes that I'm nice. I'm having a hard time swallowing that diss.

Nice guys always finish last. :(

I can't see Red Mercury's reply... but it sounds to me that SHE is a little passive, and that is more of an issue than anything wrong with you. If she is saying he is more dominant in conversation, and she waits for you to initiate conversations, maybe she NEEDS someone who is more aggressive so she can be passive.

So I would continue texting her first and being the initiator of conversation.

• Author

I'm not sure where her reply went :confused:

pteromom, it seems like she put me in a weird position. Almost like now I have to compete. Maybe that's not the case but it sure as hell feels like it and it feels horrible. All I ever want is to be someone's #1, but there's always someone better than me out there.