is my university lecturer into me?

sweetgirl22

Does my uni lecturer fancy me?! or am i more like a daughter figure?HELP?

Hello, cutting it short i am 22 he is about 45ish and only arrived at my university for over a year. We do have a good working relationship, when i feel down or pressured about uni i can call him but i don't always.

Once when i was crying he told me to come to his office, he put his hand around my ear/side of my face. was that as a daughter or more?

The other day he needed some information on 2 girls who were playing up, he asked my uni friend to tell me he needs to talk to me.

Jokingly i said what do i get in return, a A? he looked down shy whilst smiling, slowly looked up made eye contact and said a reference with a grin on his face. He told me to come to his office late to pick out those girls.

Then i saw him when he was leaving, he kept the door 2inches wide and was staring at me smiling for about 1minute, but i just didn't look back.

am i looking too deep into this? we are both asian so maybe he see's me daughter type i don't know

Really hard to say what is going on exactly, but obviously he has more than a passing interest in you.

If it makes you feel uncomfortable, avoid getting into 1 on 1 situations with him.

• Like 1
  • Author
sweetgirl22
Really hard to say what is going on exactly, but obviously he has more than a passing interest in you.

If it makes you feel uncomfortable, avoid getting into 1 on 1 situations with him.

I feel so confused. normally he responds in a hour to me. i emailed him yesterday basically to find a time to meet to discuss those two girls, identify them.

no response. none all day and he accesses his email 24.7 via his phone so he's basically blanked me. i feel like a fool maybe i took it the wrong way

You don't know if something has come up in real life, or what is exactly going on until you actually see him again / he responds to his email.

He may be playing games to increase your interest in him (sick, but it happens), or he may have even ended up in hospital with a broken leg.

Tread lightly.

• Like 1

DO NOT get romantically involved with your university lecturer. He can have his academic career ruined and you will lose your standing in the department.

• Like 1

Trust me, honey -- I've worked in academia for 30 years. This guy is not interested in you, he's just interested in scoring. He'll break your heart and move on with a smile and a nod. Don't do it.

• Like 1