jealousy why?

Teresa

People get jealous usually when they feel a threat or feel someone else is better off than they are. People feel jealous when they start comparing themselves to other people...or they could get vain as well, depending on what they think of themselves.

People usually get jealous when:

1. They feel threatened that someone else is going to take away a loved one.

2. The fear losing their job because someone else can do it better.

3. The fear someone is getting more money, love, sex, work, leisure time, fun stuff, etc. and there won't be enough left for them.

Jealousy alone may be a good thing. It should propel us to look our best, perform our best, work our hardest, compete more vigorously in the marketplace, etc. Unfortunately, jealous people aren't satisfied with their lives. They think they would be more satisfied with somebody else's life. Pretty insane.

Jealousy is the opposite of happiness and contentment. If we are happy with our lot in life, we don't want to be anybody else, we don't want to be anywhere else, and we don't want anything else except what we have right here, right now.

In the realm of romance, people get jealous because they are very insecure with another person's love and fear losing that person. Jealousy is a sign we are with the wrong person, that we do not trust their love. If we feel jealous with someone, we should go and seek another we feel more loved by and secure with.

Jealousy is a pimple on a face riddled with insecurity, doubt, discontentment, and scarsity. It is pretty petty but there are petty people. Even some lower animal forms exhibit jealousy.

So I guess we have to have jealousy because if we didn't, we couldn't tell the difference between happy and contented people and miserable people sometimes. And we would have to sit down and figure out what else to call it.

WHY SHOULD PEOPLE BE SO JEALOUS OF OTHERS. PEOPLE SEEM TO BE JEALOUS OF SOMEONE BEATUIFUL OR SMARTER. WHY IS THEIR SO MUCH JEALOUSY IN THIS WORLD.

perhaps those people is insecure or maybe there is something that they see which makes them feel jealous.

Well it all comes down to ones self-esteem. I had an incident where a male friend of mine commented on one of my friends by saying "she had a weird nose", turns out he was interested in her and didn't think that there would ever be a chance with her. As for woman to woman jealously...simple insecurities. But one thing people forget is that what one person lacks, in another thing they have lots of (like brains vs. beauty) It goes hand in hand. First is to be beautiful on the inside..when someone feels that way bout themselves..they should be will say "oh she is really pretty" instead of "that bitch" :)