Personal Trainer Attraction

Ive been working out in this gym for some time but never noticed this one personal trainer (PT) around before. He is a senior PT. As I didn't see much results working out alone, I decided to sign up for personal training. He, P (in short) was introduced to me by the sales rep. I was interested to take up a martial art mix with other kinds of traning, hence why he was introduced to me. Apparently, he is quite a professional in that martial art. Anyway, he looked like a really serious guy and I thought to myself that this is so gonna make me lose weight.

We went through a couple of martial arts sessions and he offered to add in 1 extra hour per training session for free. He told me I was his best student so far as I was motivated to follow his routines and alll. Not long later, I got injured and was away for a couple of months. When I got back, we did rehab training and all. Somehow, we seemed to have gotten closer suddenly. He texts me every night even when we just trained in the day time. As I sleep quite late at times, there are numerous times he texted me throughout the night and did not sleep at all as he has early clients.

During trainings, of course we carry on with the exercises but I always catch him looking at my face with that smile. The first few times I caught him, he looked away. But now, he maintains the eye contact until I say something. Sometimes during certain workouts, he comes extremely close to me, like during shoulder sessions and in a way hugs me. He doesnt simply touch me or anything cause it'll be weird. But the proximity is definitely close when we're doing certain workouts. Also when we joke around, he often "pretend punch" me and lately, he starts pinching me. He said Im cute thats why he pinches me. I remember one time as I was joking with him, he had his hands behind his back and suddenly he reached over and pinched my cheek.

Also, he walks me to my car after the training sessions and opens the door for me. He is really a nice guy and is good in nature. He is charitable and seems to be quite friendly in gym as many ppl seem to know him.

Lately, he seems to break a sweat while training me and he said he doesnt know why. Could it be because he is nervous around me?

I'm pretty much confused myself. I've read many posts on how clients fall for their PT but not many on PT falling for their client. Any opinions on this? Is he attracted to me or is it just friendly PT gestures? Also, the issue on business and leisure is in between. I mean, is he being nice just so that I remain as a loyal client? I wouldnt know as I nvr see the way he is around other clients but from what I know, he has over 55 clients and Im just one of them. .

Thoughts? Opinions?

• Like 1

I'm pretty much confused myself. I've read many posts on how clients fall for their PT but not many on PT falling for their client. Any opinions on this? Is he attracted to me or is it just friendly PT gestures? Also, the issue on business and leisure is in between. I mean, is he being nice just so that I remain as a loyal client? I wouldnt know as I nvr see the way he is around other clients but from what I know, he has over 55 clients and Im just one of them.

Oftentimes clients become romantically/sexually interested in their trainers because: (1) the trainers are usually in very good shape and who wouldn't want to see what's underneath the shirt; (2) the trainers appear to be "experts" in their craft and that will certainly create an intellectual stimulation; and (3) the trainers are making clients better, which often creates an emotional attachment. There's definitely a power imbalance here.

It's true that he could be singling you out with extra attention, but how would you feel if he behaved the same way with 10 other women? Still a viable possibility to date?

Just something to think about...

• Like 1

... at the same time people who have something in common can hit it off, just like at work.

I get on well with one of my trainers at my box gym. I don't usually get close to these guys and the one I like is MUCH younger than me but he definitely behaves differently with me than he does with other girls. I know this because I see him training a girls only class, he is friendly with them but doesn't chat with them the same way as he does with me.

He asked me yesterday whether the guy I was paired with for training was someone I had brought with me to the gym (he wasn't at the pairing so he didn't know my partner was just a random man from the gym). They never ever ask questions like this usually.

So anyway, it depends.

• Author

USMHokie - yea, I'm definitely keeping that in mind especially when I dont know how he is like with his other clients

Emilia - He gives me that vibe u know. He msgs me good morning every day and msgs me after work til he goes to bed. Its hard to tell only cause I wont know if he is just a flirt or if he is rly interested

I'm not sure what to say. I try to avoid being friends with a man I like because I think it just leads to confusion. Maybe you could ask whether he fancied a coffee under the pretext of talking about training progress? Then you would see him outside the gym. Perhaps that would escalate it in a way that worked for both of you. Perhaps he is concerned that asking you out wouldn't come across very professional.