What Is He Thinking?!

I've been in a FWB relationship with my best guy friend since the end of March. It started as a drunken thing, and its just sort of continued. Its been going well, hasn't affected the friendship, and we're both enjoying it.

However, within the last month things have become confusing. When he drinks he tells me hes in love with me, and wants a relationship but when hes sober its all just hooking up. Considering, I would expect it to be the opposite, I'm confused. He's always affectionate when we're alone, but lately when he drinks he is in public as well- very odd for him. Also, last time he was drunk he told me that we shouldn't sleep together drunk because he cares about me too much.

I guess I'm just looking for some insight from outside perspectives. Are his feelings for me changing? What is he really thinking? Where do we go from here?

Thanks.

When people drink and get to the point of being drunk, they tend to let everything they want to say out. And by everything else that you said, it seems to me that he has developed some feelings for you. BUT, they are not strong. He is trying to hold them back because he is maybe afraid that you will not feel or want the same. And if that happens, they it can possibly ruin the friendship or make it awkward.

And also its really on how you feel about it and what do you want. Whatever you do decide, make sure its the right one and what you really want.