Should I tell my friend I like him?

Hello lovely people, I'm wondering if anyone can give any advice/ thoughts on my situation?

I have a crush on my friend and am wondering if I should tell him or ask him out?

I've been friends with this guy for over a year. We go out in a group of friends and I met him through another friend. We haven't been close until recently. We made a short film together for college and since then I feel we've become closer, been joking around quite a bit and had a lot more physical contact - he's rubbed my hair and put his arm around me. We've always hugged. Though it could just be friendly.

When we first hung out in a group I had a few thoughts like he's cute and funny and have had a few occasions throughout the year when I have thought the same, but didn't act on it because I didn't know him very well and I knew he had a crush on and had been rejected by a girl for most of the year.

I have no idea how he feels about me. We have been getting closer but don't speak that much outside of the times we meet in a group, don't text or call. We have never been together just us. We had a really good time when we were doing the film and since then when we've seen each other we've been getting on really, really well.

We're both going to university in september far away from each other. Not sure if I should tell him how I feel/invite him out because I feel like it's not likely to work with the distance anyway and we'd still be getting to know each other properly when we were leaving, and I don't want to ruin our friendship for the sake of dating for a couple months when it wouldn't work out. I'm worried that if I told him and whether he did or didn't feel the same it would just make things awkward. Maybe I should invite him out for coffee or something and see how we get on just us, but I'm worried that would give the game away. We're both 20.

belocchoc129

Since you guys already hung out in groups and seems like he's comfortable with you, I think there shouldn't be too much problems asking him to hang out in person. You can try to make it casual like asking him to have lunch or coffee then having some conversations and see where it goes.