Ex is texting and sending pictures

somedayhopeful

I was with my ex for 3 years, we broke up about 2 years ago and he moved awy and we didn't speak for the first yr. Well he started texting me last yr to apologize how things ended and told me that he was such a jerk (for better term of the real word he used), he hopes i can forgive him and so on. Our conversations could get pretty detailed and we often would reminisce about our old times together, which of course made me miss him.

Come earlier this year, we just stopped talking for no reason at all - I didn't want to bother him and I think that he was pretty busy with work/school. t I had found out after he started texting me again that he was with somebody, which I respected but questioned, because if things are good with your "significant other", why would someone want to text their ex?

He recently started texting me again, and the texts would go on all night, 9 pm - 7 am. Several days in a row. My ex now sends pictures (nothing quite inappropriate but there are several where he has no shirt on) and tries to get me to send them back (which I certainly don't). He never mentions his girlfriend but I have heard they are ENGAGED and getting married sometime this year.

The reason I came to this board, is for somebody's insight into this. I'm NOT trying to break up an engagement or anything like that, I just want to know what in the world this individual is trying to do or at least get some opinions! I still care for him, I always will, but I need to get this situation figured out before I can decide my next step.

He recently started texting me again, and the texts would go on all night, 9 pm - 7 am.

Just stop responding. Tell him how inappropriate it is for him to send you pictures of him when he is engaged. Ask him how he would feel if his fiance received pictures from an Ex?

How would YOU feel if you started dating someone seriously and he was sending pictures of himself to his Ex while getting ready to marry you?

You know what you need to do...

TaraMaiden

The reason I came to this board, is for somebody's insight into this. I'm NOT trying to break up an engagement or anything like that, I just want to know what in the world this individual is trying to do or at least get some opinions! I still care for him, I always will, but I need to get this situation figured out before I can decide my next step.

"Look what you're missing; I'm a desirable hunk, good looking and a real catch. And I'm getting married, but not to you."

This is total and sheer guesswork, because in actual fact, getting into the mind of another person - particularly an ex- who's playing mind-games - is impossible.

And you know perfectly well what your 'next step' has to be.

As CarrieT has succinctly pointed out, you know what to do.

Block, delete, ignore, and do not in any event, respond.

Go complete No Contact (don't start protesting please... THINK: how would you feel if your fiancé was sending his ex- questionable pictures?!) and send him a clear message - by completely falling off his Radar - that you will not be drawn again into messing about with his GF's commitment.

When the wedding gets close, alot of immature people start second guessing the marriage... It's just getting too real. It starts feeling like a trap instead of what it's supposed to be.

He will screw around on that poor girl... just try not to have it be with you.

• Author
somedayhopeful

Thank you all for your advice! I am NOT going to tell his fiance/girlfriend about this, mainly because it was nothing scandalous, however I am NOT going to even reply to anything he says/sends at this point. I don't want to cause/start drama :-)