Tender moments

SweetyBear

I'm pretty sure this is FWB, but lately, my "friend" has been doing some pretty tender things like requesting I lay my head on his shoulder and then lightly stroking my hair and neck while we lay in bed and talk. Those things that I consider more "lovey" and emotion-provoking than the usual. We are defintely friends and spend time together even if we're not sleeping together, but nothing has been defined I guess. We have never used the words dating, boyfriend, girlfriend, etc., which is why I assumed FWB. Sometimes when he is doing these more intimate things (that I feel are reserved for relationships), I want to tell him to cut it out or make it clear. That way, I know how to respond. Are any of you involved in something casual that feels a bit more than casual because of some behavior on the part of the other person?

I think that FWD is already unnatural and you are somehow trying to define something that is natural? Do you need a female snuggle or do you want him to step out after he is done with you?

I feel oral sex is the most physical intimate thing that connects a gf/bf but it doesn't mean it is restricted to people in relationships.

I feel like the guy should always pay for the girl but that doesn't mean it is restricted to relationships either.

Is there unwritten rules to FWB? Let me know cause I need to learn.

The fact that he wants to touch you after sex is a natural instinct. It's like a physical way of saying thank you.

• Author
SweetyBear

Thanks for your reply. I think maybe I am trying to define it and figure out the unwritten rules. Maybe I should stop doing that and just let it be. It all comes down to fear. I am afraid that some of what he's doing will evoke emotions that will lead to me being hurt. Just trying to make my way is all. You're right in that it is perfectly natural to want to keep touching and be connected to someone you've shared intimacy with. Thanks, again.

Yeah! me and my friend do that! We cuddle and we spend hours in his backseat just holding each other and sometimes he kisses my neck. I feel like there's something between us, but he's a guy so he could just probably be using me to desire his sexual needs and simply just that. Our friendship ended pretty badly, and I'm not sure if its over for good or not, but just let him know.

I asked my friend if he wanted to be more, but he said he likes what we have now and he doesn't want to lose it. If you're ok with cuddling, maybe just let your guard down and continue the friendship. I don't find it awkward after we spent the whole night cuddling if he is ok with it. The next day he is sort of touchy feely, but things go back to normal after a few days.