Good endings to FWB relationships?

I think this works only if you're Mila Kunis dating Justin Timberlake in a 2011 movie.

Seriously though, it depends on your definition of a happy ending. If you mean does the guy ever develop feelings for you, then it's probably not likely. If happy ending means that you want just sex but not having to deal with driving your bf's mom to the ER and stuff like that (you know, responsibility stuff) then yes.

Browse through the boards, it means guys out there think women who are okay with just having sex with them are 1) easy, 2) have no self-respect, or 3) nothing more than a back-up plan. Feel free to draw your conclusions from there.

• Like 3

Impossible! Things like that are usually reserved for relationships, you can only seperate emotion from the situation for so long. I mean, how could you show affection towards someone without any of those "soft" feelings? It's hard. I've been there, and mine didn't end well. I'd be surprised if anyone else out there didn't either lose their friend because of it, or they ended up together.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes, it's definitely possible, though there is a wide range between "disastrous" and "happy." Most of the time it falls somewhere in between.. many of mine have ended in neutrality, but that's only because there was a deliberate lack of communication and emotion. It's not for everyone.

Edited by Lexa
  • Like 1
todreaminblue
Anyone been in a FWB relationship that didn't end disastrously and actually had a happy ending?

I dont think these sort of relationships would work in real life also as the other poster has said.I actually had to look it up to find out what it ;)meant.Then I felt foolish ....I feel that relationship is a hard one to maintain.Feelings grow and if it one sided so does anguish and resentment for the person who wants more.If it is mutual with boundaries firmly in place then yes it could work I guess.

I feel however someone could eventually jump the boundary fence and that's bad news and all heartache.This is my opinion only and I don't date currently,there are more experienced people who might have been in this situation currently, who could help you so good luck with you and yours.....deb

Edited by todreaminblue
spelling