How to forget a memory!?!

Just a question...

Do you guys have any techniques that would help you forget something... Like my fiance just told me, while we were seperated... (lasted bout a week) that she gave HER BEST FRIEND oral...

I can't stop crying... Every free second I get, I think about that, and I get these mentally disturbing images of what "might have happened!"

Do you guys have any techniques or ways of getting rid of this, so I dont have to think about it 25/8....

Thanks guys...

Much Appreciated!

Hi friend,

I have a similar problem. How unfortunate that there is no way that you can forget that memory. I have been trying for the past 5 years. You have to keep ignoring the thought as if it never happened and after some point your mind supposedly does it by itself. It didn't work on me. Maybe one day it will, who knows. Try hypnosis, they say that it works but I rejected because it is something that would only temporarily trick my mind. It doesn't change the fact for me.

Sorry about the story! It all depends on how much you love her... If you love her a lot those images will disappear by time, if you have doubts those images will kill you for a very long time, believe me. And one last thing, if those images disturb you too much don't insist a lot. Break up because these things will become obsessive thoughts by time and could cause mental & psychological problems.

untrusting

it never meant anything to her, just let it go if you love her and realize that everyone makes mistakes. if she continues to hang out with this guy then you should be worried.