I caught myself acting jealous again today.

BlueRaincoat

Ok, here's the thing. I've always had really low self esteem, which I suppose causes me to act jealous in front of the guy I love... even though I have no reason to be jealous at all!

I've gotten better about acting stupid when it comes to this topic, but I slipped up again today. I basically accused my guy of going out with a friend to look for girls, when he's really not that type of person at all.

I catch myself doing this every once in a while, but now I only really do it when it's around "that time of the month" (sorry guys, I don't mean to gross you out). Does this ever happen to you other ladies out there?

Pyrannaste

Just before that time of the month I too act more jealous.

(and also more nagging and way bitchier).

I also feel unloved easily.

I found that it helps realizing it is *because* it's one of those days, and it is also useful repeating to self that the bunch of bad feelings is going to go away soon.

• Author
BlueRaincoat
Originally posted by Pyrannaste

Just before that time of the month I too act more jealous.

(and also more nagging and way bitchier).

I also feel unloved easily.

I found that it helps realizing it is *because* it's one of those days, and it is also useful repeating to self that the bunch of bad feelings is going to go away soon.

It sucks that we have to go through this kind of stuff, and it also sucks for the people who care about us.

Is there anything that can actually lessen these feelings and behaviors before they take place?

I've never really been a jealous person but I understand when that time hits you feel kind of fat unattractive, just try and remember he's there with you and he's leaving with you, thats all that matters.

Pyrannaste
It sucks that we have to go through this kind of stuff, and it also sucks for the people who care about us.

Hey, as my granny said, getting your period sucks, but NOT getting it sucks a lot more! :bunny:

Is there anything that can actually lessen these feelings and behaviors before they take place?

I think that you have already done the best possible thing: realizing that 'being on that time of the month'is the cause.

Once you predict those feelings, you have already lessened them. :)

Sometimes it can also help to tell your SO beforehand something like 'my period is coming...I hope I'll manage not to be too bitchy'.

VeryConcernedGuy

I'm sorry to say this (and please forgive me as I am a guy) and don't totally know why so many women blame their periods when they act moody.

My G.F. is moody some of the time, but she doesn't seem to change much when she has them.

Maybe you could try taking a different perspective on how you think of that time of month and keep saying to yourself (I am not going to be Moody) over and over.

Hey, it sounds ideal, maybe it's that simple.

I wish my G.F. had've blamed them when she cheated on me and then told me about it.

Take Care.

beetledriver2

I am jealous, mean and moody a week before I start

I'm horny as hell the week of

Extremly insecure with myself the week after.

The other week I'm normal.

Go figure?

R, im a male and I do this jealousy crap like you do. The same sort of things but more often.

Its hard to control.

It will be something that we will grow out of I believe and HOPE!