What is going on with her? Reunited with an old crush FWB of mine

Long story short. I have been hanging out with an old crush who has also been an FWB. We have had feelings for each other for years but we never became official due to her family not knowing me well and she is the sister of one of my best friends. In the past, me and her have always had to keep things behind a curtain. And at times, landed up being eachothers rebound. We managed to remain friends even if one of us had a significant other through the years.

At present time, Her family really likes me and I even had a talk with my best friend and he doesn't mind my fondness for his sister anymore. He told me he would rather have me with her than all the D-bags she dated.

The situation now.

I am single and she got out of a 5 month relationship in early June. We have been hanging out since her break up. At least once/twice a week. Though a few of those nights involved light cuddling(which brought back strong feelings for me) and a couple of weeks ago we kissed. She had been texting/communicating really good up until last weekend. I even asked her if she wanted to go have lunch/dinner or come over to my house since I had it to myself last weekend, but she just acknowledged the invite and landed up not coming over and never mentioned anything about it after.

The few nights I have been at my best friends since last week I noticed she has been coming home around 2am-4am, Just says hi to me and hits the hay. I haven't even heard from her much like I use to or get as much texts anymore.

I just really don't know what to do next. Am I being used? Or should I just give things more time since shes only been single since early June? Is there a time frame to not be a rebound after a breakup? Any help or related stories are greatly appreciated, thank you.

NoMagicBullet

If she ended a 5-month relationship in early June and started hanging out with you soon after, it was a rebound thing. The breakup is too fresh still, and who knows -- she might go back to her ex. It sounds like you were a source of comfort for her after the breakup, maybe an ego boost, too, but she doesn't want to (or can't) move things forward with you. She's not ready.

If you want a real relationship with her, I don't think it's going to happen right now. To protect your own heart, I suggest keeping your distance from her for a couple of months and see where she's at after some time has passed. Don't text her much, don't ask her out, and don't do any more kissing and cuddling in that time frame. If you want to be more than her occasional rebound cuddle, tell her so at an appropriate time (after some time has passed, or if she asks what's up).

Being someone's rebound sucks. Good luck.