What's going on?

Please don't laugh.... :p

Has anyone ever had dreams of their partner cheating? Every once in awhile I do but what makes it worse is that I dream he's cheating on my w/ my older sister.

This is outrageous and crazy because I KNOW she would never do that because she's my sister, she's 8 years older than us and doesn't like younger men nor does she date outside her race. And we were both raised w/ better morals than that!

Also I trust him to the fullest and cheating hasn't happened so it's not an issue but I can't understand why I dream these ridiculous things!

For years (even before I dated anyone) I had severely realistic dreams both good and bad of several different things and even after all these years a couple of the dreams still plague me but this one is the most bothersome (currently).

Has anyone else ever dreamed such things as this or do you have any idea on why I have these crazy dreams or what I can do about them?

I've told them both and they both tell me I know better and like I said I know in my heart these things wouldn't happen and awake it wouldn't cross my mind except for dreaming about it!

I have some really weird and realistic dreams sometimes, too, but never of anyone cheating on me, at least not as of yet. Some think dreams are subconcious thoughts, wants, or desires, and I'm pretty sure you don't desire you boyfriend to cheat on you with your sister, so it's probably just a thought, maybe subconciously you fear your boyfriend will cheat on you, and for some reason you just stuck your sister in the picture. I looked it up online and I found this in the Dream Interpretation Dictionary:

Infidelity

Dreaming about being unfaithful suggests that you take a better look at your current relationship. What was the person in your dream giving you (emotionally or otherwise) that your real life partner does not? Communicate effectively and begin to develop those areas of your relationship that need most improvement. Understanding this dream may assist you in understanding your relationship and the level of attachment to your partner. Many people write about "dreams of cheating." Either they are cheating, or they believe that their boyfriends/girlfriends are cheating on them. In either case, they are upset and outraged by such dreams. It seems logical that these types of dreams are connected to feelings of inadequacy or dissatisfaction. If the partner in your dream was a total stranger then the dream may be much more personal and profound. It could be telling you something about the relationship that you have with yourself by giving you clues about the nature of your unconscious.

This page might also be of some help:

http://www.selfhelpmagazine.com/qa/qadream/qadream24.html

If you trust your boyfriend and you know he wouldn't cheat on you, I wouldn't worry too much about the dream all that much. Hope I helped:).

Thanks actually yeah you did! I guess sometimes I do feel inadequate in our relationship because sometimes he compares my actions to those of my sister's. Nothing major but just really small things. I do trust them both so that's not the issue but since it was bugging me I figured I'd try and get more opinions. Feeling inadequate hit the nail on the head! Also (besides my Mom) my sis and Oscar (my BF) are the 2 most important people in my life and I'm attached to them both and don't know what I'd do without either one! Maybe that's why I dream of them being together? I dunno but either way thanks for the article and the link!