Am I wrong? What now...

In short, i've been pursuing a girl my "friend" dated. We've kept everything really low-key while we've been talking, but last night the news reached him. (And now I really don't know where things stand.)

Friend, being someone I do hang out with. Although the same someone has gone behind my back and done things like tried to use my dirtbike, which stays at a friends, under the assumption, "He won't ever know." He's also asked for an ex-gf of mine's phone number, because he was interested in talking to her (tho I was pretty willing to give it to him.)

I'm 21, he's 20, she's 19.

First off, him and I are fairly alike, but we are polar opposites with how we treat women. But before any bro-code things come up, they dated between 2-3 years ago. He does still keep her around on a string, to sleep with... He was her first, so that adds a little to the attachment factor. Also, the deciding factor for me was the fact that he constantly pursues several other girls, has other girls he sleeps with, and he's specifically told her: "I don't want anything right now, i'm doing me."

Back to last night, her and I were on Skype talking, and she got a, "So you're talking to (me) now?" from him. We already intended to get off and go to sleep a few minutes after that text, so that's really all I heard about their conversation. She did state the fact that she doesn't want him to be mad at her....urg.

I got a text from her a few minutes after Skype, saying, "Look i'm really sorry.. I do want to be with you." I decided not to reply.

I can only imagine the kind of bs he may have said to her last night, but I hope she's able to see the truth in everything.

And for advice, what do I do? What can I say? I am honestly also concerned with the potential future situation, if I were dating her and he tries to pull on the same strings he does now.

I'll probably update this posting with any conversation we have, I believe she'll be awake pretty soon.

Edited by AwptiK