one sided pregnancy scare

Hi,

I had unprotected sex with a friend 5 days ago, I'm not on bc. I told him you can get pregnant from pre-cum and it freaked him out but he only talked to me about it via text (that's the problem with our generation)..

He asked me twice to get a morning after pill, I said no and gave my reasons I'm not worried about a pregnancy. I gave it some more thought and decided to go ahead and do it, the absolute latest you can take it is 5 days later. It was closer to 4 days. I think it will be fine.

I asked him if he is okay in text and he said "I don't know," he seems shaken up, how do I reassure him? I told him we could talk about it in person tomorrow. He's suicidal already so I really don't want him to hurt himself or anything. :/

This might make me sound irresponsible but I have my reasons for not being worried that I'm pregnant. If I am I would get an abortion, I told him that also. I've never had this happen before and don't really know how to handle it.

Sounds like unnecessary drama to me. No scientific documentation of your statement about "precum". Morning after pill alters implantation so wait a few days and do a pregnancy test. Sperm can live hovering for 5 days.

Edited by Balzac
  • Like 1
  • Author

it is unnecessary, I seriously doubt I am pregnant. I should be more careful but I did take the pill within the time-frame. After everything I told him I don't understand why he's still kicking up

orcunderabridge

LOL so you guys have sex unprotected and then you tell him that you could have gotten pregnant from precum and then you tell him that you wont take the morning after pill......

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

you scared the boy senseless my dear

• Like 3
NoMagicBullet

Maybe the scare will be good for him. For all he knows, you could decide to keep the potential baby and pursue him for child support. Sounds like he was suddenly faced with some realities about sex; I find it odd that you're kind of "meh" about it if you were using no form of birth control. (You do know that the rhythm method and knowing where the woman is in her cycle are extremely ineffective at preventing pregnancy, right?) Now all the two of you need is an STD scare to go with this one.

• Author

We do have an std scare :/ I'm also worried he's not going to pay me for the pill even though he said he would. I asked him when he can get me the money and he's being evasive, what should I do? I'm only making him give me half.

I'm not trying to be nonchalant I know it's serious, but the chances are low for this situation.

Edited by Lexa
NoMagicBullet
We do have an std scare :/

Yikes. I'm sorry, lexa, I was mostly joking on that. I hope everything turns out clear or at least not serious. I hope as much as he was freaking out about the possible pregnancy that he doesn't run away and leave you footing the entire bill for the pill.

• Like 1
  • Author

Oh it's okay I didn't take offense. He said he's leaving for a few days but not to worry about the money because he has it set aside. Guess all we can do is wait now, crossing my fingers.

This is helping me realize that I need to ditch the casual relationships. I don't even know what my dating life would look like if I took it seriously and I intend on finding out during these next few years :o

Edited by Lexa
  • Like 2
MuscleCarFan

The first time you have sex is the first time you can get pregnant. It's that simple. Have you even bothered to take Sex Education classes?! How old are you? In any case, use birth control!

May I ask how old you are? Going by your post, you can't be past early twenties. Anyways....if there is a chance at all you think precum could make you pregnant, you should use the morning after pill. I don't think abortion should be used as a method of birth control if you could have prevented the pregnancy after having unprotected sex with the morning after pill. This may sound too personal, but I'm assuming you had full vaginal sex unprotected and if so, you have more to worry about than just precum. Unless you have some sort of medical condition, never assume you can't get pregnant. (This is how so many accidental pregnancies happen). And the morning after pill is only about 83% effective, so please try and use some stable birth control from now on. I got my morning after pills for free at planned parenthood.

Edited by pink_sugar
  • Like 1
  • Author

Thanks for the response.. I'm 21. I know better, I don't need medical information (or patronization for that matter) though I guess posting something like this I can't expect much else. It was impulsivity not ignorance.. anyways like I said I did take the EC pill.

Edited by Lexa

Understood, but if this were to happen in the future, always use EC without question if there is any possibility of becoming pregnant when you're not ready. It's better not to risk it and find out later.

• Like 1
it is unnecessary, I seriously doubt I am pregnant. I should be more careful but I did take the pill within the time-frame. After everything I told him I don't understand why he's still kicking up

Put yourself in his situation, add 19yrs of mandatory support.

That's what we fear.

Text is impersonal and open to interpretation, you're better off talking face to face.