Am I just a fling?

gabby-tehninja

i've been good friends with this guy for 5 months (like, really good friends), he is 25 I am 18

i think he likes me because:

touches my arm and shoulder alot - never really see him touch other people especially not this much (not even guys)

stares often

acts a little odd/cold when i speak to other guys

was shocked i had no boyfriend in my life and said 'but why? you're so charming'

everytime he sees me or we speak he has the biggest smile on his face

we laugh and joke together all the time and talk about anything random about ourselves

it just feels super natural & comfortable with him, like we're just being ourselves

sometimes when we talk he lingers for a while

he is just so sweet and nice to me and buys me random snacks lol

people sometimes even tease us cause they notice we talk often...

but he has a girlfriend overseas - he asked if i had a boyfriend but never mentioned his girl even though we were on the topic of relationships

he has never mentioned her at all to me and we speak very often

i only found out because i saw her on facebook, also he has mentioned her to one of my friends who he is not even close to and hardly speaks to

the only thing he has mentioned to me is his family and how much he misses them, and he also told me about his good friend

but never ever mentioned her to me

...... i want a guys opinion...

is this guy interested in me?

why hasnt he mentioned his girlfriend?

It's very possible he may be interested in you. However I would not make this nice friendship you have turn into something else before he leaves his girlfriend. He may actually be only homesick and still very much like or love his girlfriend. Let him come to you. In the meantime, get to know other guys. If you want, maybe you can ask him about his girlfriend. But I suggest you don't rush into anything like dating or having sex. You seem very mature and patient.