"For The Greater Good"

Stellar Wench

I had to laugh at a comment elsewhere on the forum:

I do think married people having affairs find it possible to convince themselves it's for the greater good - to tell would be hurtful, so don't tell.
:lmao:

Give me a break! Anyone interested in the greater good wouldn't have an affair!

A lot of OP are bamboozled into thinking that keeping the secret is for the greater good, but for the overwhelming majority, keeping the secret is so the WS won't have to face the consequences of their behaviour.

BS, please enthrall me. Did you ever feel that your WS's lying was for the greater good?

All I know is that all the lies I told during my affair (to both my H and the exOM) were all about protecting me and my selfish ar$e.

Things like "greater good" and "being authentic" is just self-serving nonsense designed to try and justify lies and deceit

• Like 2
todreaminblue

A lot of OP are bamboozled into thinking that keeping the secret is for the greater good, but for the overwhelming majority, keeping the secret is so the WS won't have to face the consequences of their behaviour.

BS, please enthrall me. Did you ever feel that your WS's lying was for the greater good?

Im not about to tell what my ex has been saying because I am NC with her I dont respect her at all, she disrespects me all the time, constantly putting me down in front of my girls, but in saying that I am not about to become her she can have him....I refuse to put my mouth where her vagina has been I did that when he had an affair for six months yukkkkkkkkky the dirty sod, so is she.

Im not her and she aint me...... i wish her the best with his cheating self and that is for the greater llama(llamas are good)

• Author
Stellar Wench
All I know is that all the lies I told during my affair (to both my H and the exOM) were all about protecting me and my selfish ar$e.

Things like "greater good" and "being authentic" is just self-serving nonsense designed to try and justify lies and deceit

Thank you for your honesty.

This would be like a doctor not telling the patient they had terminal cancer, because the patient is going to die anyway, so why upset them?

• Like 6

Not, it was definitely for the greater good of protecting his azz from the consequences of HIS actions.

And more amazing to me were the mental health professionals (shame, shame on all of you) who espoused NOT TELLING me the details of what I wanted to know because it would just hurt me.

The secrets and lying hurt more than the actual betrayal in so many insidious ways.

How dare he and his paramour use that time worn excuse to keep me in the dark and feed me bs....like a mushroom.:sick:

In fact, they had themselves so convinced of the nobleness of their deception that on dday, when I calmly told him to go get her and was willing to divorce amicably and he could keep the house, they were stunned.

All I and my young adult children wanted to know was, why didn't you tell mom you had developed feelings for someone else and why didn't you separate before acting on them?

Well, talk about looking like a deer in the headlights when that belief was shot to hell

...ahhh, out of the mouths of babes.:p

Damn proud of those kids.;)

• Like 2

Why yes of course! You mean it wasn't for the greater good? Oh my.

btw I forgot to ask, what greater good are we speaking of?:rolleyes:

But to tell would spoil the cake!

Yeah... cake don't taste so good when it's got honesty icing on it.

I hear honesty icing on a cake can be lethal.

• Like 1

What a peculiar question. Who is likely to say yes? :lmao: Would the question not be 'did your WS claim that they lied to protect you?'

• Like 1
What a peculiar question. Who is likely to say yes? :lmao: Would the question not be 'did your WS claim that they lied to protect you?'

Or better yet, reframing the question to, "did your WS lie to protect their own ass?...lol...

• Like 1
  • Author
Stellar Wench
Or better yet, reframing the question to, "did your WS lie to protect their own ass?...lol...

Exactly my point! Should a MM wish to protect his spouse, he wouldn't be a' cheating. :laugh:

• Like 1