I told my friend i like her...i dont know whats going on now?

So I met this girl in college about 4 months ago. It was the kind of situation where you just fall for the girl instantly. But I got to know her better and better and we got really close. She did have a boyfriend of 3 years when I first met her but even then she was with me many times instead when she was supposed to be with him. Needless to say this made me feel like she liked me at least a little. They broke up a couple weeks after I met her and she didn't seem really sad at all. When summer started we went back home so we couldn't really hang out since were really far apart but we stayed in touch all day everyday phone, text, Skype. If I didn't call her she would call me, good morning :) texts, etc. All these things made me feel I had a chance. Until I noticed she started liking a lot of this one guys mirror pics and stuff so my thinking was, I gotta let her know before she loses interest. So I grew a pair, called her and told her I liked her and she was the coolest girl I knew and I just had to let her know how I felt. Her response? Well that was random...and changed the subject. We didn't talk for a couple days after that and she texted me saying sorry how she reacted but she wasn't ready for anything but she appreciates our friendship. I said that's fine I just had to know. She said that its just I never acted like I did and it pretty much ended there. We didn't talk for a week and then she calls me saying she's sorry again but that she wants to go back to the way it was and be as close as we were. I agreed that's what I wanted I didn't mind being just friends. However, the next time we talked she was monotone and seemed rather cold and uninterested in the convos.I haven't imitated the convos since then and I haven't heard at all from her. Its been a few days now...what is going on? I am so confused with this girl. I wanna give her space but I don't want to lose her as a friend. What should I do? Thanks for reading.

Once you think you can get something more out of a friendship you risk jeopardizing the said friendship. The nature of your friendship obviously changed. It's good that you told her you had an interest in her beyond friendship, but you should have waited to see her in person to properly express your feelings. How do you expect her to deal with something that could start looking like a relationship from far away? You blew it. In any case, I wouldn't want to date a girl who likes mirror pics on FB (just my two cents).

• Author
Once you think you can get something more out of a friendship you risk jeopardizing the said friendship. The nature of your friendship obviously changed. It's good that you told her you had an interest in her beyond friendship, but you should have waited to see her in person to properly express your feelings. How do you expect her to deal with something that could start looking like a relationship from far away? You blew it. In any case, I wouldn't want to date a girl who likes mirror pics on FB (just my two cents).

I mean given the fact that i wasnt going to see her for a month and a half i didnt really want to take that risk of her going for some other dude and me never having been able to say anything. It was kind of a balls to the wall moment. Oh thats what surprised me haha she isnt the kind of girl to like those pics but whatevs. Whether i blew it or not i guess i probably did but i mean if it wasnt meant to be it wasnt meant to be? idk im retarded....

You'll get to see her in the fall anyway. Let things roll in the meantime. Whether or not she will have met another dude does not matter. Maybe she'll be single still. Maybe you can ask her out again.

• Author
You'll get to see her in the fall anyway. Let things roll in the meantime. Whether or not she will have met another dude does not matter. Maybe she'll be single still. Maybe you can ask her out again.

Yeeeah i dont even know if i want to ask her out again. Ill just save myself the embarrassement...im cool with just being friends but i dont want it to be awkward. Oh well ill just go with the flow i guess. Thanks

If she don't want to be in a relationship with you then you should become the best friend of her. Because best friends are the precious asset of everybody. So, why not you become the precious asset of her? :)

• Author
She's not into you it seems and now she feels awkward about being friends. You may have to just let her go.

I gave her space. We didn't talk for over a week then the other day she called me an acted like nothin happened. We started talking like we used to again but not as often and Im not calling her as often either. It still hurts seeing a picture of her or something because shes so perfect it's ridiculous. Hopefully Ivan get over her soon...

• Author
If she don't want to be in a relationship with you then you should become the best friend of her. Because best friends are the precious asset of everybody. So, why not you become the precious asset of her? :)

Yeah I think I'll just be really good friends with her. I'm gonna do my own thing though and not let her have me on a leash like a puppy after her haha.

Thanks, but no thanks.