How to get from professional to romantic zone?

My "professiobal" friend and I have known each other for four months. we check on each other occasionally, in a semi-professional context by email, and gotten a tad bit closer, but not as close friends. I tell him in email sometimes I miss him. He might visit my country again for a few days in a couple of months. But other than that, I have no idea how to build a relationship with him, unless at some point in a month or two, to say that I am interested in getting to know him better? He visited my country one time and we sat down talking about ourselves before a business meeting. It was a lot of fun.

I visited his country this summer, and before I left, saying goodbye, he said that it was good to see me again. In an email, just one day after I left his country, he said it was good to hear from me. His friends at dinner publicly wondered why we were not together. He had this puppy look on his face, and asked them to change the subject (it was rather in appropriate, but funny in an awkward way). There were little things here and there. I met him 3 times this year, each time our relationship, friendship, did grow more comfortable. He says he trusts me. I hope that's significant enough for now.

Edited by Rima123