Workplace Woman Trouble...need help!!!

punch_drunklover

I have been working with an amazing woman for the last 2 months with an internship. We are both young and have similar likes. We have flirted, had lunch, even hung out at her place(I was helping her with homework.) We have made harmless innuendos about sex...

Here lies the problem. She has discussed her boyfriend with me. He is a baseball player and is never home. She is not happy with their relationship, and always complains about him. She doesn't hesitate to go out with other men. But she throws the "boyfriend" thing out there to turn down guys she doesn't want to go out with.

I have never seen a picture of him in her room, at work or anywhere. She has never talked to him around me or at work. She was planning a trip to see him and it fell through.

He has met her family.

We are going out on to dinner and party a little bit...what is going on. Does she want a friend, does she want to cheat? Is this something that could be more?

Question: Do I even ask these questions, or am I better off to just "go with the flow."

Thanks guys/gals

HokeyReligions

You SHOULD ask these questions. Please, don't be an "Other Man" ---read the OW/OM threads to see just how much this can hurt and how many people it can affect.

If you are interested in dating her, tell her to break up with her bf. Don't hang around with her alone until she does that. Don't take a step toward a romantic or sexual relationship until she is free to do so.

Then think about the kind of woman she is. If she and you end up in a committed relationship, and you are separated by distance for a while--will you trust her to not do to you what she is doing to her current bf? Do you want to be with someone like that?