Moving beyond fwb ???

I've posted about my situation before and wanted to update and get some opinions. So my fwb that I work with and me were not sleeping together because that makes it more serious and we were just friends who would make out after a night of drinking. This went on for about two months - then comes the sex. And in typical girl fashion I know have feelings. But it seems like he does who. He's starting texting me everyday, it's not a drunken thing anymore, cuddling, hand holding, movie watching. It seems to be escalating. I know the easiest solution is just to ask him, but for whatever reason I am paralyzed !maybe I am afraid of the answer. So I guess I am asking if things that started the way they did can end up in a relationship

sweetheart5381
yes! the best relationships start from being friends first. I would give it a couple more weeks and then ask

I agree with the friends first part, being friends gives you both time to spend together with no pressure, just getting to know each others' personality, tastes, attitudes about sex and relationships, etc.

Posing the question too early may scare off the potential for a "relationship". Chances are that he is likely wondering too and afraid to ask. I would wait til he drops a few not-so-subtle hints and go from there.

The man that I have been seeing romantically was my friend first. Over the last few months we became closer and have become lovers in the last few weeks. In a sense, breaking the sexual barrier is just a step closer, a further exploration to be shared with a friend. Just my opinion, but "relationships" don't require a definition/status/label. If the bond is rich in compatibility you will both know it and it will grow naturally at it's own pace.

• Author

Thank you sweetheart! I am so wrapped up with the "label" thing and seeing they we work together and taking things slow i am afraid pressuring him will have him running

sweetheart5381
Thank you sweetheart! I am so wrapped up with the "label" thing and seeing they we work together and taking things slow i am afraid pressuring him will have him running

I thought the same thing since we work together, in fact I made it clear to my guy last night that I don't do "just sex" with anyone, much less a co-worker. I also told him I don't want anything heavy duty either unless we are ready for that. No labels, no drama, just enjoy one another. I was scared of his reaction but he responded to this very positively and we are a little bit closer now, knowing we are on the same page.

The "talk" about intentions (or lack thereof perhaps) def needs to take place eventually, but needs to be timed right. Good luck!

sweetheart5381

Oh and my guy and I have worked together for over 2 yrs, we see each other everyday.. the work romance can definitely be complicated!

• Author

We have worked together for about a year- very professional office and noone knows at all and we intend to keep it that way. That makes things a little hard for me because he will spend the night on a work night then we head to work and it's all professional. We have only been seeing each other for a few months. I've always rushed relationships in the past... Which obviously hasnt worked out for me. I'm trying to train myself not to be crazy or demand labels- because we really are enjoying ourselves and having a great time. Patience has never been my strong point