I'm in love, I'm in love, I'm in love!!!

Taressa

He is wonderful, beautiful, kind, gentle.

He's the billy the kid you've seen posting here in the past. Now he's all mine and I'm loving it.

Loveshackers, he's coming to visit me in November and will even be joining my family for Thanksgiving dinner! Wow!

Birds are singing, flowers blooming,

music playing, and I'm floating on air,

and I haven't even touched him yet.

I'm trying to take the advice of a friend and start with a blank slate when we meet at the airport. If he is half of what I believe him to be, I'm not letting him go.

Taressa

It sounds like you are in love. That's great. But keep both feet on the ground. If you haven't met him in person yet, just stay excited but keep your head on straight to see just how the in-person chemistry is. Please do this for yourself.

Right now, he is only words on a computer screen, a voice on the phone, a picture on your nightstand and a very very large part of what you have imagined he is. Please don't set yourself up for disappointment. Get real and be adult. Start singing and dancing in the streets when you meet him and he is all you have imagined.

Not trying to rain on your parade, just throw a little mist about.

Just a suggestion.You two may want to send each other photos of one another.Meeting someone for the very first time can be hard enough without having to deal with the other person's expectations.Also,ditto what Tony said.

Thanks for the misting, Tony,and the advice. I'll be careful and keep my feet planted on the ground.

You called it pretty well... his picture is on the nightstand and his voice echos in my mind. We talk 2-3 times each week and the phone calls that feel like a couple minutes usually last 1-1/2 hours long.

Paulie, I like your statement... hope not expectations... and I'm very hopeful. billy the kid and I have a special connection, rather mystical or spiritual, but something that seems very special. I'm hoping quite a bit.

And Rogue, thank you too for the advice. billy is a very handsome gentlemen who makes me laugh and cry with the gentleness of his heart.

And billy the kid, if you happen to stop by here too... I love you so much. your Taressa.

From above post: hope not expectations

Thought you might enjoy this little story about the difference between hoping and expecting.

When I saw this combination, it reminded me of a U.S. Senate hearing a few years ago on some bribery scandal. A senator asked a witness if he expected to receive a bribe in return for some favor.

The witness answered "I hoped to but I didn't expect to."

The senator quickly snapped back and asked what the difference was.

The witness's response: "Well, I hope to go to heaven but I don't expect to."

I thought the comment was amusing and a good definition of the difference between the two. (Maybe you just had to be there)

Being in love and loving someone are two different things. I mean people are in love with The Backstreet Boys, Brad Pitt, Menudo, Pamela Anderson, etc. That's lots of fun and all, but love is something else again.

Just a suggestion.You two may want to send each other photos of one another.Meeting someone for the very first time can be hard enough without having to deal with the other person's expectations.Also,ditto what Tony said.

With those teeny bopper references we've crossed the line into infatuation... nothing to do with love.

I'm blessed right now in a relationship that, while certainly unconventional, is unselfish, understanding, kind, mutually giving, good, pure, and forgiving.

There's an uncommon element of a spiritual (for lack of a better word) connection... I wake at odd times to find he was thinking of me at that time... I need him at times and he calls unexpectedly.

If there is something physical I've not anticipated, I believe I'll still be able to find the billy I love.

Admitting there are hurdles, but believing its a solid base on which I stand... Taressa