age difference

Hey everyone,

Quick question for u all. I am 21 and I met a girl that is seventeen. She turns 18 this fall and I will be 22 in january. I am in the military and she will be starting her freshman year at OSU. Do you think the age difference is a problem?

Well it's only four years difference, as long as there's no hanky panky yet!

Originally posted by naive_2001

Well it's only four years difference, as long as there's no hanky panky yet!

I don't even advise touching the girl. In some states, including mine, kissing a minor can lead to a felony charge.

When she is eighteen feel free to fraternize with her. For the time being, someone of your age has no business talking to a 17 year old, unless she is related to you, or happens to be friends with your sister and hanging out in your house, and you say "Hi."

And you know, I think that age 18 is too young, this coming from myself of the young age of 22.

• Author

THanks for the input. I don't even know the girl really, she seems like she wouldn't really be the type to have sex without being married anyway just from the way she acts and mentioning that she doesn't drink or fool around. she seems really inocent which makes it that much worse. I have never dated a girl that young and the whole age thing kind of freaked me out and I'm not sure if I should even get to know her even if she is a cool girl.