Why i am so scared to contact him?

I went to school with him in a year. We are both 18.

We graduated here in June. I told him I didn't wanna lose contact. He said, "We will meet, dont u think? At the street or something, and if I can, I will visit you at your new school." (he went to that school before) He's one of the sweetest!

When I saw him for the first time in school, I could see something in him that I couldn't see on other guys. Something good... I really wanna become close friends with him first, but I never had a boyfriend before or something.. I really like him!! He is single.

Do you think he likes me?

He showed me way home with bikes when I was lost.

We had eyecontact and smile the whole year.

He came to me when I falled from my bike.. and asked if i was okay.. lol

I was in a group with him in 2 minutes without talking to him, and when I finally went away, he was the only one who said "Sleep well." with a smile.

We followed together when we was going home.. He said he didn't want me to be alone in that midnight.. aww...

He's very kind, positive, open, amazing, beautiful, nice personality.. I love his smile.. Everything!!

I just don't know if he feels the same.. But I surely don't want to go desperate..

He also sometimes approach me, showing me picture of a panda while he is smiling at me... <3

I was VERY afraid to ask his number, like he will reject me or something, but I finally got the gut to do it and got it.. When we seperate that night, he texted me "Hey hope you comes home very well. Take care of yourself :)" .. We even gave each other the last hug, it wasn't just a hug, but a very tight and long hug.. I didn't want to take my hands away.

Now I am very scared to contact him... I dont understand.. It's because I was rejected in the past... But now I REALLY MISS HIM ALOT....

I want to be more with him, just be with him, cuz I really like him a lot... I really haven't seen him since the late of June..