Getting mixed signals from a crush

I have been getting mixed signals from a guy I really like and not really sure what to do about it. We dated for a whole two weeks until he told me he wasnt ready to date but wanted to remain friends. I wrote it off and left him alone, 2 weeks later he texted me to to say he was thinking of me and hoped I was doing well, I texted back of course but ever since then I have got random text from him and there , I'll text him sometimes to say hi, he flirts a little telling me im pretty or he thinks what I say is cute I am always thinking about him and wondering what he is doing. I told him he was confusing me and he said he was" sorry" I told him I sometimes wish things were different and all he said was you never know what can happen. I dont know what to do, I feel like if I text him anymore ill seem to desperate. Advice please :) Im told old for games so Im trying to figure out if I should leave him alone or take that extra leap but I dont like rejection.

Sounds like he's playing games. I wouldn't bother texting him. If he wants to date you again he'll soon let u know. In the meantime, get on with enjoying your life:)

Ready for the 2x4? Here it comes:

Don't change a thing. One of these days, when he's feeling low, he can fall back on you. Then, after you've made him feel better, he can go cold on you and break your heart.