women can you help me?!

carrie

i posted earlier on here about the love/hate relationship i have with my b'f when i pms. well it is that time again and has been for over a week now and as it gets closer my moods are more eratic.

the more eratic my moods the more i love/hate him. why? i just don't get it! it is so frustrating and i hate myself for being so out of control and he hates me when this happens as well.

i'm 43 and have not had things this bad before, i've had hormones checked, all is normal, so it's just the pms thing. i don't even know what to do with it anymore, i can't believe i'm having this problem at my age! ;)

do any of you have any suggestions (that work) that may help curb my moods and axiety? you have no idea how much it would be appreciated by my b'f and myself.

if i don't get help or relief soon i think i'll just run away that way i don't have to subject anyone to "me". please help! i can't use soy as was recommended because i have a thyroid (low) that gets aggravated by it.

thank you for any help or advise you can give me.......carrie

I have heard of several successful treatments for PMS including:

-B Group Vitamins

-Progesterone tablets to correct hormone imbalances

-The Pill, as it stabilises the hormones

-Some women use Prozac or similar anti-depressant medication in the time leading up to menstruation and find that it helps immensely

-There are natural progesterone creams on the market which contain wild yam, supposedly very effective.

I don't vouch for any of the above but have read a lot about them, and all seem to have merit in their own right. I guess the best thing to do would be to talk to your doctor or pharmacist, and see what they suggest.

It is the curse of women, I too suffer from PMS, and it really is awful.

Good Luck.

Carrie,

I hope this posting is not too late. I suffer with PMS also, my family doctor told me to get Vitamin B-6 100mg.

Take it!!! It really, really works I promise you will emotionally feel better. I told my 44year old co-worker about Vitamin B6 because she has PMS and it worked for her also

i posted earlier on here about the love/hate relationship i have with my b'f when i pms. well it is that time again and has been for over a week now and as it gets closer my moods are more eratic. the more eratic my moods the more i love/hate him. why? i just don't get it! it is so frustrating and i hate myself for being so out of control and he hates me when this happens as well. i'm 43 and have not had things this bad before, i've had hormones checked, all is normal, so it's just the pms thing. i don't even know what to do with it anymore, i can't believe i'm having this problem at my age! ;) do any of you have any suggestions (that work) that may help curb my moods and axiety? you have no idea how much it would be appreciated by my b'f and myself. if i don't get help or relief soon i think i'll just run away that way i don't have to subject anyone to "me". please help! i can't use soy as was recommended because i have a thyroid (low) that gets aggravated by it. thank you for any help or advise you can give me.......carrie

thank you guys, i did go and buy some vitamins, they are called gynovite,they have lots of b-vitamins and other things, all within the rda. thank you guys so vey much, it may be too late for this month but i;m starting them now for next month.................thanks and god bless

Carrie, I hope this posting is not too late. I suffer with PMS also, my family doctor told me to get Vitamin B-6 100mg. Take it!!! It really, really works I promise you will emotionally feel better. I told my 44year old co-worker about Vitamin B6 because she has PMS and it worked for her also