Consolidated Discussion - A man's/woman's height in the search for relationships

Guys are attracted to women of all heights, unlike how women generally prefer taller men.

When I describe an attractive girl to my friends I almost always mention height, and ethnicity just to help paint the picture. There is no bad height for women.

I have to strongly agree with this. Only difference for me is that I don't mention height at all. Not important, really.

The way I look at it, for the ladies who are more understanding and open to guys of shorter stature, it opens the dating pool for us guys who are also open to taller women. I know, I know, no sh*t, Sherlock! :)

• Like 1

Just to be clear, I'm not saying I have trouble in dating cause of my height. I've had men short and tall finding me attractive. I'm just saying it seems like height factors into a woman's attractiveness more than I thought.

fortyninethousand322

Unless a woman is freakishly tall (like 6 foot or taller), I don't care how tall she is.

I went on a date once with a woman who was 4'10" and maybe 90 lbs. Very small, but not so small that it was a turnoff.

I dont believe the insecurity is born from within the guy.....its usually experienced and proven by the actions of women around him.

Nah, it's proven by all the tall guys having women. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
Red Wolverine

I've never had a man mention my height as being a good or bad factor. Probably not a factor since I'm 5'6.

When it comes to physical attributes being discussed, my hair is usually the topic.

• Like 1

One of my female friends who is close to 5'8" was recently told by a guy who was 5'8" that her height makes her unattractive to some men.

She wouldn't tell me which insecure looser told her this but I assured her he was in fact insecure & was also a dumb-ass.

This woman is smart ,funny, & beautiful & i'm willing to bet it was a guy she turned down or wasn't interested in dating who said it.

I'll admit i used to shy away from taller women simply because my experience is the majority of them were not interested in guys like me who were 5'8".

But, as I get older i've found in my age group women care less about a man's height.

I've even pulled a few dates my own height off OLD & met women in real life who didn't seem to care I was the same height as them.

• Like 1
Weird, I just had a conversation about this with my current gf. She's 5'8 and two inches taller than me.

She hesitated to contact me b/c she didn't think that I would want to date a taller woman. I told her, personally, I really don't care, that it's the women who normally have the problem with the height difference.

I don't actively and normally go after women beyond 5'8. It's psychological, I think, not to go beyond 5'8. And no shorter than 5'0.

You put it better than i did.

Nah, it's proven by all the tall guys having women. :rolleyes:

I think there is a huge issue on many dating sites that tie in with this.

The tall guys seem to have a trend where they go after the short petite girls....

And the short petite girls obviously love the tall guys....

So what does that leave?? It leaves a mismatch of shorter guys and taller women.

I've never had a man mention my height as being a good or bad factor. Probably not a factor since I'm 5'6.

When it comes to physical attributes being discussed, my hair is usually the topic.

That must be some awesome hair :love:

• Like 1
The tall guys seem to have a trend where they go after the short petite girls....

I can't speak for all the other tall guys... but I go after the pretty girls.

• Like 3

So what does that leave?? It leaves a mismatch of shorter guys and taller women.

Men that don't care about height and women that don't care about height. Aka the majority of people.

• Like 1
One of my female friends who is close to 5'8" was recently told by a guy who was 5'8" that her height makes her unattractive to some men.

She wouldn't tell me which insecure looser told her this but I assured her he was in fact insecure & was also a dumb-ass.

Lol! Love it!:D

Men that don't care about height and women that don't care about height. Aka the majority of people.

Please permit me to [uncomfortably] take pause with the latter part of the first sentence. I'm wonder if "more" women DO care about height....hmmm.

I had a guy recently contact me on OLD and get all pissy that I didn't respond, and said something like, "You're pretty stupid for not responding. I'm 6'3"."

As if being tall is all it takes?! I said as much, and he actually believed that to be true!!! :laugh:

• Like 2
I had a guy recently contact me on OLD and get all pissy that I didn't respond, and said something like, "You're pretty stupid for not responding. I'm 6'3"."

As if being tall is all it takes?! I said as much, and he actually believed that to be true!!! :laugh:

Did you write back, "nah, too short"?

He is either delusional or has become accustomed to the more obvious height requirements that women have on their profiles. There are quite a few that will simply tell you NOT to contact them if you are not a specific height or taller.

It's a little strange, but I think that there are women who also lean towards height as the "be all" of characteristics that singularly determine whether a guy worth dating or not. Just a thought....

man_in_the_box

Well, my partner is slightly above average (5'8") and I'm slightly below (5'11") so let's just say I'm happy she's not taller.

Please permit me to [uncomfortably] take pause with the latter part of the first sentence. I'm wonder if "more" women DO care about height....hmmm.

Has not been my experience, but I don't do OLD. From what I here, OLD is big on that. Real life I've been all over the spectrum. Taller, shorter, my height. Never really had an issue either way.

LOL You mean your panties didnt just fall off at the mention of him being 6' 3 ????

Has not been my experience, but I don't do OLD. From what I here, OLD is big on that. Real life I've been all over the spectrum. Taller, shorter, my height. Never really had an issue either way.

From what I hear. Darn it.

Well, my partner is slightly above average (5'8") and I'm slightly below (5'11") so let's just say I'm happy she's not taller.

Your concept of average is off. She's 4 inches above and you're 2-3.

• Like 1
Did you write back, "nah, too short"?

Man, I should have!

Instead, I told him it was pretty sad that he thought his biggest positive quality was his height.

• Like 2

I agree with this...OLD multiplies issues that are smaller vs in person situations.

But I still hear women utter "he's cute but he's not tall enough" when giving excuses about not wanting to date certain guys

• Like 1

Oh, I don't doubt that, I'm speaking strictly of OLD.

• Like 1