it's her birthday today

recently split...not talking but light respectful emailing going on. Should i acknowledge her b-day? i dont know what i want from her anymore.

You have to decide what you want. Who did the splitting? If you did, and you're done with her, stop e-mailing altogether. Acknowledging her birthday could be very confusing for her if she still has feelings. If not, and you're both cool and have moved on, it's OK. I get the feeling you're on the fence and until you make up your mind for good about the relationship, you're tossing out crumbs to her, stringing her along. That's not very nice.

she did the splitting and she just sent me a prayer by email. I still have feelings...she probably has moved on.

You have to decide what you want. Who did the splitting? If you did, and you're done with her, stop e-mailing altogether. Acknowledging her birthday could be very confusing for her if she still has feelings. If not, and you're both cool and have moved on, it's OK. I get the feeling you're on the fence and until you make up your mind for good about the relationship, you're tossing out crumbs to her, stringing her along. That's not very nice.
she did the splitting and she just sent me a prayer by email. I still have feelings...she probably has moved on.

Hmmmm...a prayer?

Look - if you don't think there's a chance you'll patch things up, perhaps cutting off the communication is the best thing. You need time to get over her, and if you're still "talking" it's gonna be difficult.

I'm interested in knowing what kind of prayer she sent you.

Lightly and respectfully wish her a Happy Birthday. You do the same thing for Jesus, George Washington, Martin Luther King, Abraham Lincoln, etc., but their birthdays are holidays and her's isn't. So why not her?

Just don't overdo it. It's way over.

Hmmmm...a prayer? Look - if you don't think there's a chance you'll patch things up, perhaps cutting off the communication is the best thing. You need time to get over her, and if you're still "talking" it's gonna be difficult. I'm interested in knowing what kind of prayer she sent you.

one of those nice prayers about friends that gets

chain emailed. She also just called and left a message asking to call back. Is there a chance? I think there is but I dont have the motivation left in me...it was a strong heartbreak.

So it's her b-day tomorrow and she is pulling this crap sounding all sweet and sincere. Yes I still will marry her but I'm sooooo afraid of her right now. I think she needs to be more forthcoming and I need to build-up my self-esteem. Do I worsen my odds by ignoring her on her b-day?

I was planning on doing this buy now I think that a card is more appropriate. I dont want to talk to her just yet.

Hmmmm...a prayer? Look - if you don't think there's a chance you'll patch things up, perhaps cutting off the communication is the best thing. You need time to get over her, and if you're still "talking" it's gonna be difficult. I'm interested in knowing what kind of prayer she sent you.

I think it is insulting to get one of those mass e-mail chain letter things that show that you are now just one person on her list of others. Recently, a man I broke up with sent me the same e-mail twice about a little angel that is looking after me. He forgot he sent it to me the first time!

This is sentimental crap that tries to keep what is "over with" alive. It is manipulative instead of liberating. People that hold on yet be free at the same time. It isn't possible. A clean break is the kindest and least messy, so you can be free to eventually find someone who really values you and wants you to be her own.

one of those nice prayers about friends that gets chain emailed. She also just called and left a message asking to call back. Is there a chance? I think there is but I dont have the motivation left in me...it was a strong heartbreak. So it's her b-day tomorrow and she is pulling this crap sounding all sweet and sincere. Yes I still will marry her but I'm sooooo afraid of her right now. I think she needs to be more forthcoming and I need to build-up my self-esteem. Do I worsen my odds by ignoring her on her b-day? I was planning on doing this buy now I think that a card is more appropriate. I dont want to talk to her just yet.