Wedding & Engagement rings...???

Hi everyone,

I was wondering:

Which finger on which hand should the wedding bands be on (for both partners), and which hand/finger should the girl wearing her engagement ring?

Thank you!

HokeyReligions

???

I moved mine to my middle finger when I lost weight. Cheaper than getting them sized, and it makes a statement about my marriage too! :bunny::p:laugh: (If we had wedding 'flags' instead of rings, I'd be flying mine upside down!) :laugh:

Yes, the 4th digit on the left hand. I've been told that this finger is the only finger that has a vein that runs straight to your heart, and therefore we wear our bands on this finger. It may not be true but it's one heck of a sweet thought.

• Author

So the wedding bands should both partners wear on the 4th digit on the left hand. But how about the engagement ring (should the girl always wear it too, and she should wear the engagement ring on the 4th digit on the right hand, right!???

THank you for all of you guys' responses!

:o

Newp, it goes on the same finger. In my country anyway. And most of the time, it's ABOVE the wedding band.

Originally posted by tikibrandy

Yes, the 4th digit on the left hand. I've been told that this finger is the only finger that has a vein that runs straight to your heart, and therefore we wear our bands on this finger. It may not be true but it's one heck of a sweet thought.

The Egyptians and the Romans both believed this, which is where we get that tradition, but it's been scientifically disproven. (Not to mention the fact that our emotions, including love, come from the brain, the heart is only responsible for pumping blood.)

King Edward IV made that finger "oficial", I think.

• Author

Well, my friends, my sister & I were talking about it, and I also asked the ppl I know, and they just give me different answers.

So for girls, they should wear the wedding & engagement rings on the same finger, right(?). But my sister got the engagement ring that has the matched wedding band, which is in style & fashion right now. Though, her mother-in law chose the wedding for her fiance that doesn't watch to her wedding band. Therefore they have to buy the set of the ring she chose for him. So my sister has now the double wedding rings and the engagement.

Is it ok for her to wear the engagement ring with the matched wedding band on the 4th digit on the right hand; and she can wear the wedding band that match to her fiance on her left hand??

This soooooooooo confusing, but fun, though!

Thanks.

I say do whatever feels right. It's supposed to be a public statement of your commitment to wear it. I think that she should do whatever feels right to her.

HokeyReligions

I'm confused. The Mother In Law is choosing the Brides wedding set!!!!!?????

Your sister chose her wedding rings, right?

Then her MIL to be chose a different wedding ring/set?

Your sister is getting married with the MIL's choice? Are these family heirlooms that are being passed down?

Anyway, whatever she chooses as her wedding set - that is the one that is worn on the left hand. The ones they exchange at the alter.

The bride and grooms rings do not have to match each other. It's individual taste in style, the symbolism is the same no matter what.

It depends where you are.

In US you wear it on ring finger of left hand, but some Asian countries wear it on the middle finger of left hand.

Used to be that a lot of Europeans wore the ring(s) on the fourth finger of the right hand.

BTW - one reason for that finger is it's the least likely one for the ring to get caught or damaged - at least, for right-handed people!