something to share

sparkle

i just stopped by to add a *sparkle* to your day :)

here's an interesting quote..just wanted to share this with

everyone :)

"I could be the most delectable, the most delicious, the most wondrous peach in the world, and I could offer myself to everybody. But there are people who are allergic to peaches. They may want me to be a banana. And so often we become a banana for other people who don't want peaches. Better to say: 'I am so sorry I cannot be a banana. I would love to be a banana for you, but I am a peach.' If you wait long enough you'll find a peach lover."

(Leo Buscaglia)

sparkle

This quote is great and quite correct. The energy it takes to become someone we aren't is way too high a price to pay for a relationship that is a lie and ultimately will end.

Thanks, Paulie: Thanks for your password. I have just successfully hacked into your workstation on the company's network. I hope they have lots of insurance.

Yes, Leo is great...but so are Libras.

So what if you're a peach? Peaches grow on trees, so there's tons of them around.What if you were only an average peach? What if you had bruises and bumps like some peaches do? What if you were already an over ripe peach just slowly getting closer to rotting? What if you're a peach that has been kicked around some,moving from fruit baskte to fruit basket,but never really belonging? How long are you supposed to wait around for some peach lover to show up,anyways? And what are you supposed to do while waiting for this fabled peach lover? Then when the peach lover arrives ,what happens? You get eaten alive is what.Wow,some reward that would be.

(Ok,ok.So I'm in a bad mood.)

Even if you are a battered and bruised, even a rotten peach, the point is, it is not a good idea to pretend that you are a banana or force your peachlike shape into a banana mold.

But I laughed at the part about getting eaten alive. I mean, you can look at all of life that way too. I mean, all this struggle and joy just so we can die in the end, like so many rotting peaches at the end of the summer disintegrating amongst the autumn leaves!

One of the things that makes this whole bowl of fruit interesting is love and relationships. The problem of some relationships is that people either project banana-ness onto the peach because that is what they want, or they try to force the peach to look and act more like a banana.

The poor peach puts itself down because it is not a banana. The peach may try to disguise itself as a banana to please the banana-lover. Or, the bananas in someone else's fruitbowl look sweeter so the banana-lover has a little fruit on the side. The the peach disguised as a banana resents the fact that she/he changed just for the banana-lover and it still was not enough to keep banana-lover from straying into another bowl.

So what if you're a peach? Peaches grow on trees, so there's tons of them around.What if you were only an average peach? What if you had bruises and bumps like some peaches do? What if you were already an over ripe peach just slowly getting closer to rotting? What if you're a peach that has been kicked around some,moving from fruit baskte to fruit basket,but never really belonging? How long are you supposed to wait around for some peach lover to show up,anyways? And what are you supposed to do while waiting for this fabled peach lover? Then when the peach lover arrives ,what happens? You get eaten alive is what.Wow,some reward that would be. (Ok,ok.So I'm in a bad mood.)

I like to "juice" my oranges, and then add some vodka, and cranberry juice. This makes the drink "Sex on the Beach."

That's how I like my fruit.

What does that say about Paulie??