Have my friend's feelings changed into something more?

Ok, I recently got out of a bad relationship. A great friend of mine - who I met through my Ex goes to the same small college that I do and has started acting differently to normal.

We have always been easy going around each other and laughing and joking heaps. He is a touchy feely guy and has always reached out to touch me lightly when he talks - no big deal.

But, recently he has complimented me on what I am wearing, which is something that he has never done before. The first was a colorful dress that he told me he liked, and then followed with an easy "You look great actually."

At one point while hanging out, we were talking about books. He brought up that he had read a book which had "screwed him up." I didn't understand what he was on about and asked for clarification and he paused and hesitated before revealing that it was a book on dating and a strange moment passed between us before he explained in more detail what he meant.

His fantastic comment two days ago was - after an quick 'hello' in the corridor between classes (we go the same college) was to stop the conversation he was in with a friend, and hesitant as if he wanted to strike up a conversation me - not that hard normally, - and instead randomly commented 'It's a nice blue on you,' and left it there.

He was talking about my shirt. So I'm leaving it open...opinions. I like this guy...I'm just wondering how to take it slowly from here if he is actually interested.

sweetheart5381

Ya, am currently doing the "dance" with an ex's friend - we are mutual friends and co-workers too.

He did all the same things - he made it clear a few weeks/months after the b/u that he was noticing me, what I wore, what I said, etc. He eventually asked me for my phone number, so we could hang out. The rest is history, so to speak.

We are both not ready for a "relationship" and all the obligation it involves, but we do have fun together. It can be a very delicate situation when 2 people have feelings and want each other, but aren't ready to "jump right in".

It sounds to me that he likes you... time will tell. He likely also senses that you are apprehensive and does not want to scare you away. He seems considerate imo.

Try to take it easy and enjoy the "dance".