i think we might have to stop being friends :(

so i met this guy a couple months ago and we became really close. at one point he thought we were getting too close and said that he had feelings for me and wanted to act on them but just got out of a relationship and is enjoying being single. he said that he still really wanted to be friends if i was up for it.

at that point i had feelings but they weren't that strong.

basically for the past month we have been texting all the time and we hang out 2-3x a week. he even texts me goodnight most nights.i have developed real feelings for him now and i think im just going to end up getting hurt if i do not slow down or stop this friendship. its hard because i can see that he still likes me too, but still doesnt want to be with me :(

what should i do?

todreaminblue
so i met this guy a couple months ago and we became really close. at one point he thought we were getting too close and said that he had feelings for me and wanted to act on them but just got out of a relationship and is enjoying being single. he said that he still really wanted to be friends if i was up for it.

at that point i had feelings but they weren't that strong.

basically for the past month we have been texting all the time and we hang out 2-3x a week. he even texts me goodnight most nights.i have developed real feelings for him now and i think im just going to end up getting hurt if i do not slow down or stop this friendship. its hard because i can see that he still likes me too, but still doesnt want to be with me :(

what should i do?

unrequited love can be really hard to handle when you see them often....but still...you want to see them and you dont want to see them....

because you know its going to hurt to see them(yet it lifts you as well) holding back feelings causes a whole range of side effects, some of them positive some of them not so positive....normally in this situation I would not maintain any form of contact and distance myself as much as possible from feeling the negative affects....self preservation...i haven't really experienced this more than twice maybe three times in my life...once was with an ex after we split....it is really your choice on what to do what you feel would be most positive for you.....if you dont feel you can maintain your feelings then it might be best to let it go take some time out no contact style....i wish you the best and i hope that you make the right decision for you.....deb